AW promotion: Getting support towards the cost of sports massage is one of a number of benefits included in the new Simplyhealth Active Plan
From helping to improve your performance, to keeping that niggling pain from turning into a problematic injury, there are many good reasons for making regular sports massage part of your training regime.
Visiting a registered physiotherapist or chiropractor will assist in keeping you on track to reach your goals, whether they involve a 5k PB, cross-country success or an autumn marathon attempt.
Or, should you have an injury problem which needs to addressed, Paul Noble from BWT Physio adds: “An early appointment with a running specialist physiotherapist will pay dividends in the long run. Not only will they be able to effectively diagnose and treat your injury, they will establish why you succumbed to it in the first place.”
According to BWT Physio, the benefits of sports massage can include:
- Stimulates circulation, removing waste material from cells and improving blood vessel function
- Speeds recovery and increases quality and quantity of training
- Prevents muscle injuries becoming debilitating
- Enhances sports performance
- Relieves muscle tension produced by occupational and postural fatigue
- Breaks down scar tissue and adhesions that will have a detrimental effect on performance
- Identifies potential musculo-skeletal problems early on before they stop you doing what you need or want to do
- Identifies potential overuse of muscles in your training. Improves training/ technique/posture
- Improves strength and flexibility
Getting support towards the cost of sports massage is one of a number of benefits included in the new Simplyhealth Active Plan, designed to help you keep your body happy and healthy.
From just £14 per month, the Active Plan allows you to claim towards the costs of these treatments – when provided by
a registered physiotherapist, osteopath or chiropractor – and many more benefits such as prescription sports glasses and gait analysis.
PLUS – sign up today and get one month free! T&Cs apply.
The Simplyhealth Active Plan is here to meet your needs.