This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  O’R 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

james
    Participant

I thought I would add a thread for this weekend’s indoor championships…

SPAR British Athletics Indoor Championships
    Saturday 17th February – Sunday 18th February 2018

As as afirst point of discussion… anyone know why Dasher is not on the list for 60m …or am I missing something? She ran this week and, my understanding is, you have to compete this weekend as a prerequisite to world indoor selection, though happy to be corrected.

SteveK26
    Participant

Don’t know the answer to your question about Dina and this weekends champs.

She ran a 7-14 yesterday (after a 7-21 heat) in Poland (strangely not listed as an indoor meet).
    Not sure why she would do that if she intended to run at the weekend.

Anyway, I’m not certain that a really busy indoor campaign would benefit her outdoor season.

james
    Participant

what an uninspiring load of stuff this w/e in Birmingham. Hardly worth a mention.

In Switzerland Kambunji ran a Championships WL in 7.03;some pretty good stuff in the German Champs I notice. Klosterhalfen set a NR after 30 years in the 3000m in 8.36.

Gavin
    Participant
    what an uninspiring load of stuff this w/e in Birmingham. Hardly worth a mention.

In Switzerland Kambunji ran a Championships WL in 7.03;some pretty good stuff in the German Champs I notice. Klosterhalfen set a NR after 30 years in the 3000m in 8.36.

Yet you give the German Championships a special mention.

Klosterhalfen & Pinto’s 7.06 in the 60m aside, most of the fare in Germany was actually pretty dire. Compare the marks in all their events to the marks set in Birmingham and the British Championships was clearly much superior.

james
    Participant

You are a little confused the dire stuff was here in Birmingham; tut tut how dare I mention german track and the field was better in my opinion than the meagre fare of the last two days.
    What sad stuff like “and you give a special mention to the german champs” lets get real.!!

what world class performance was there in the last two days?? I must have missed it or them!!

james
    Participant

yeah, the Germans had better sprinting, short hurdles women,shot put by a mile,TJ, 2.30 Hj, better pv.Dobnt know if their middle distance stuff was worse than our mediocre performers this w/e.
    I bet get ready for the usual athletics xenophobia for 2018, a highlight of the posts on this site.

Gavin
    Participant
    yeah, the Germans had better sprinting, short hurdles women,shot put by a mile,TJ, 2.30 Hj, better pv.Dobnt know if their middle distance stuff was worse than our mediocre performers this w/e.
    I bet get ready for the usual athletics xenophobia for 2018, a highlight of the posts on this site.

Is it xenophobia to point out facts – that the the winning marks (and 2nd placed marks) were better in more events at the British Championships than at the German Championships.

Like most athletics fans I’m a fan of great performances, whichever country they come from. We’re not like football fans.

O’R
    Participant

I was surprised at the quality of the performances, I must say. I didn’t expect such times, clearances and PBs from many of the athletes.

Sorry you didn’t enjoy it Philipo, but if you did, it would have been out of character. So no surprise there…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.