This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Richard 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Athletics Weekly
    Keymaster

We would like to remind forum users of our ‘Terms of use and forum guidelines’ which can be found here: https://www.athleticsweekly.com/forums/forum/admin-faq

Any inappropriate posts will be removed and further action taken if it is deemed necessary.

AW

james
    Participant

I dont know who this is aimed at … but is it an effort to clean up the spammers? their proliferation is spoiling this forum… and may I say, if you have the time to post this, how about spending some effort on promoting this forum, as it will wither and die and you wont have anyone posting anything!

cheers

SteveK26
    Participant

Carter

I think it was aimed at Philipo (again).

I don’t think he appreciated my defence of the BBC or Elise Christie. My guess is he probably posted some more vitriol and went over the top.

I never got to see it, though. But one of his responses has certainly been deleted.

james
    Participant

The whole of the media have agreed with me on the performances over 2 Olympics of Christie, but I realise that the AW regard opinions must line up with their views.!

The BBC s coverage of the OG is narrow, and unprofessional In my opinion is dreadful but perhaps the AW moderators have introduced a new rule that bans criticism of the BBC. Laughable.
    I am aware of the total intolerance by the mass opinions running through the country of views that do not coincide with their own. Safe space etc .

John
    Participant

Philipo. No one here objects to your contrary views – we come her precisely to counter others’ arguments and there’d be no forum without people like you. You upset people when you get overly personal or offensive. That said, personally I’ve learned to enjoy your cariacature of Mr Angry and the numerous insults you’ve thrown at me over the years have become increasingly entertaining. Darkside, on the other hand is another matter – whilst I suspect your online persona masks a thoroughly decent bloke, I fear Darkside unpleasant posts are just the tip of an iceberg .. .. .. .. . .

SteveK26
    Participant

And so say I, Soviet.

I don’t give a monkey’s about his ‘flag-waver’ tag for me. There is an element of truth in it.
    And long live differing opinions.

Its the delivery of vitriol on occasions that gets my back up.

John
    Participant

Funny – I nearly gave you, Steve, as an example of the posters I agree with 95% of the time. If only like minded people like you were on the Board, I suspect I’d stop visiting (much as I appreciate your inputs!!). Agreeing all the time can get boring.

dave
    Participant

i enjoy philipos relentless negativity and hankering for the good old days

SteveK26
    Participant
    Funny – I nearly gave you, Steve, as an example of the posters I agree with 95% of the time. If only like minded people like you were on the Board, I suspect I’d stop visiting (much as I appreciate your inputs!!). Agreeing all the time can get boring.

LOL

Its just as well there is more than the two of us on here , then!

SteveK26
    Participant

….by the way , Soviet, I have found most of Darkside’s posts so odd as to be quite entertaining.

I have no idea from what planet he/she comes from.

No doubt we will all be treated to some more of his thoughts during the world indoors. I can’t wait!

John
    Participant
    ….by the way , Soviet, I have found most of Darkside’s posts so odd as to be quite <span class=”vm-hook-outer vm-hook-default”><span class=”vm-hook” style=”color: rgb(0, 153, 0); border-color: transparent transparent rgb(0, 153, 0);”>entertaining</span><span class=”vm-hook-icon” style=”display: inline-block;”></span></span>.

I have no idea from what planet he/she comes from.

No doubt we will all be treated to some more of his thoughts during the world indoors. I can’t wait!

Only if Dibaba wins.

Richard
    Participant

Could someone enlighten me if there’s a way to log on to the forum through an i-phone? If there is, I can’t see it!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.