This topic contains 87 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Matt 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 88 total)
  • Author

Michael
    Participant

Men’s 200m

1) Xie Zhenye (China) 20.25
    2) Luxolo Adams (RSA) 20.45
    3) Ameer Webb (US) 20.51
    4) Jahnoy Thompson (Jca) 20.84

Webb went from first to third on the straight.

Michael
    Participant
    is someone taking the piss. What jerks organised the web stuff where it says go to here for the results; the word “results” appears top left on my screen and f.ck all appears. I have still never seen the full teams names/entrants even now and nowhere where I am searchiung shows the teams and the results; typical UKA and Sky <span class=”skimlinks-unlinked”>sh.te</span> and we have to rely on posters here giving some details about a little about the results; no mention of the points total for each teamand after each event its 8. 25 so this rubbish meet is 1hr 25 mins old.

THE NON EVENT OF THE YEAR :yahoo: :yahoo:

Results

Men’s shot putt

1) Frederick Dacres (Jca) 65.32
    2) Victor Hogan (RSA) 63.72
    3) Lolassun Dhjouan (France) 63.48

Michael
    Participant

110m hurdles

1) Pascal Martinot-Lagarde (France) 13.22
    2) Ronald Levy (Jca) 13.30
    3) Devon Allen (US) 13.36

Geoff
    Participant

Andrew Pozzi hit a hurdle and failed to finish!

james
    Participant

The results page is empty on my computerr and I can only see, via the dreaded Costas Goulas’s twitter, the full results of each mediocre event; 😥
    the 4.75 victory of HB is due mainly to the fact that half the field is second rate and Nageotte is probably dreaming of going home soon; I have managed to see a timetable on my screen but that is in this week’s AW anyway.
    Roll on Monaco next Friday. Please let this mediocre badly timed meeting never be repeated or be organised by UKA with heavy commercial marketing. the crowd aint getting value for money in that stadium this w/e.but the marketing bull was heavy heavy heavy.!
    Whoever organised this “”triumph”” ought to get another job.
    Next week’s DL in London, starts one day after Monaco; outstanding timing, for sure.The results and names presentation of this dogs breakfast makes the IAAF’s DL programme and results site seem like paradise!!!!

james
    Participant
    Andrew Pozzi hit a hurdle and failed to finish!

Now this guy is becoming a real disappointment in just about every race.

Michael
    Participant

When I got my email from UKA, I thought the price of the tickets was too steep. I was in Kingston for the Jamaica International Invitational in May, and those prices were much more affordable.

Here’s the nation standings:

Results

Yes, the competition is below the Diamond League, but it gives me a chance to look at less familiar athletes, such as Hickling in the women’s long jump, for example, so I don’t mind.

james
    Participant
    110m hurdles

The Frenchman is now beginning to really come on strong after injuries and will start fave in Berlin. imo

Lisa
    Participant

To get the results you need to click on each event in the list. It’s a bit cumbersome but works.

james
    Participant
    110m hurdles

The Frenchman is now beginning to really come on strong after injuries and will start fave in Berlin. imo

When I got my email from UKA, I thought the price of the tickets was too steep. I was in Kingston for the Jamaica International Invitational in May, and those prices were much more affordable.

Results

<iframe width=”500″ height=”282″ title=”“Results” — Athletics World Cup” class=”wp-embedded-content” src=”https://www.athleticsworldcup.org/the-event/results/embed/#?secret=QjC3Bt5Ec8″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” style=”position: absolute; clip: rect(1px, 1px, 1px, 1px);” sandbox=”allow-scripts” data-secret=”QjC3Bt5Ec8″ security=”restricted”></iframe>

Yes, the competition is below the Diamond League, but it gives me a chance to look at less familiar athletes, such as Hickling in the women’s long jump, for example, so I don’t mind.

Results

<iframe width=”500″ height=”282″ title=”“Results” — Athletics World Cup” class=”wp-embedded-content” src=”https://www.athleticsworldcup.org/the-event/results/embed/#?secret=QjC3Bt5Ec8″ frameborder=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ marginheight=”0″ scrolling=”no” style=”position: absolute; clip: rect(1px, 1px, 1px, 1px);” sandbox=”allow-scripts” data-secret=”QjC3Bt5Ec8″ security=”restricted”></iframe>

nowt comes up on that a page about results or standings. will wait for Trackinsun in a couple of days time.
    Your comments about the competition being below DL status is really amusing; its not just the lack of top liners for this meet; its the fact that they don’t really give a damn(due to money one assumes and other DLs to come) about the meet but followed their national Feds to make up a team.
    Great to see a Chinese guy performing so well in the 200m;.

Lisa
    Participant

It looks like Lorraine Ugen has won the LJ with 6.86.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  Lisa.

Lisa
    Participant

The American girl beats Elaine Thompson in the 100.

Michael
    Participant

Women’s long jump

1) Lorraine Ugen (GB) 6.86
    2) Quanesha Burks (US) 6.48
    3) Tissana Hickling (Jca) 6.47

Michael
    Participant

Women’s 100m

1) Ashley Henderson (US) 11.07
    2) Elaine Thompson (Jca) 11.09
    3) Carina Horn (RSA) 11.21

Upset win…but ET looked very sluggish from beginning to end.

Michael
    Participant

Women’s mile relay

1) USA 3:24.28
    2) Jamaica 3:24.29
    3) France 3:25.91

McPherson took the baton behind Okolo, and nearly caught her on the line.

Michael
    Participant

Men’s sprint relay

1) USA 38.42
    2) Jamaica 38.52
    3) South Africa 38.53

Lisa
    Participant

The live results actually update rather well, as long as you don’t mind going forward and back for different events. Obviously terrestrial TV live coverage would be better.

Lisa
    Participant

Cup standings after day 1:
    USA 109
    France 85
    Poland and Jamaica both 77
    GB 74
    South Africa 73
    Germany 58
    China 46

Ian
    Participant

I watched it on TVP sports channel from Poland through a (free 3 day trial) VPN and the coverage was excellent, with results and running totals quickly appearing on screen. No commercial breaks either! But I have to agree with Phillipo, the results are still nowhere to be seen on the website.

SlowMo
    Participant

The results were coming through quickly on my Ipad using the initial link given on this thread. I would say the quickest updates of field events round by round of any athletics event I have followed.

I was wrong about the crowd. Bigger than I expected, a healthy 30,000 plus as Geoff said.

TV presentation got off to a tricky start with an inexperienced presenter, and pundits (Sayers (good), Peacock and Ellington), far too much talk, time filling and not enough live action. However after a while the pace and personnel changed when Messrs Merry and Hutchings turned up and the track action started, and including Minichiello and Kwakye it was better imo than most of the BBC coverage. Use of race replay screen while interviewing winners promising.

Personally I am not a great fan of team events these days but as they go I thought this was one of the better ones.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  SlowMo.

Martin
    Participant

Personally I am not a great fan of team events these days but as they go I thought this was one of the better ones.

I am reminded of an old, rather wise saying by wrestler/general entertainer Mick Foley – Sometimes there’s value in a three ring circus. By which he meant some grouchy would be purists only ever want to watch the best, run against the best, in the same format, in the same way, day after day, thinking they are connisseurs of the best in the sport. Just like some people go to the circus for the trapeze, and only for the trapeze, and would watch the trapeze all day, every day – but see no point at all in stupid clowns.

But in real life, for most people, variety is itself an entertainment – sometimes they like trapeze, sometimes the horse gymnasts and yes sometimes the clowns – why else would a competitively meaningless matchplay exhibition pull vast numbers of viewers when any REAL golf fan knows that 72 hole strokeplay for huge sums of money is the REAL sport of golf. Why does the world stop for a football tourament at least one if not two steps below Champions League level, just for a few flags and a group rendition of a ridiculous comedy song.

Because people enjoy a bit of tribalism, they enjoy competition in its own moment, and yes, they sometimes like a bit of variety. This event has significant teething problems – but it’s certainly got a much better crowd than originally predicted, the Hutchings, Merry team are good value, and yes, it IS actually interesting to see an athlete who knows he or she is outmatched in their event scrapping about to get the best result possible.

In the final analysis, the show exists to entertain those who want to be entertained. The crowd were clearly happy, and a lot of the athletes seemed to enjoy it.

If you don’t like it, don’t watch. But to declare that an event should never happen again because it doesn’t meet your standards of importance and greatness, the only sensible answer is **** you, who died and made you God? You don’t get any say in what anyone watches, or attends, or competes in, except yourself – and your personal contempt isn’t worth shit squared to a goose.

It’s pathetic. Grow up and get a life. One with another sport if you find this one so distasteful.

Jeremy
    Participant

I don’t see where Laps is saying it should not happen again. Unless I am missing something, I just read someone pointing out the pros and cons of how the event is produced on TV. Having loved this format back in the 70s and 80s (European Cup), I hope that competitive standards will rise so it might be as nailbiting as it sometimes could be then. It’s just a different product – but organisers will still have to satisfy core athletics fans somehow.

That said, there is a huge difference between going to the stadium and the TV experience.

Martin
    Participant
    I don’t see where Laps is saying it should not happen again. Unless I am missing something, I just read someone pointing out the pros and cons of how the event is produced on TV. Having loved this format back in the 70s and 80s (European Cup), I hope that competitive standards will rise so it might be as nailbiting as it sometimes could be then. It’s just a different product – but organisers will still have to satisfy core athletics fans somehow.

That said, there is a huge difference between going to the stadium and the TV experience.

The message wasn’t for Laps – his comment simply set the context – they were very clearly aimed elsewhere.

Jeremy
    Participant

Ah got it Irishman – sorry to be a dope!

Martin
    Participant

Also, for what it’s worth, apparently both China and USA are already interested in hosting further editions, and the eight teams here have signed up to appear if they qualify through whatever qualification route the organisers create – the current plan is to hold the event every two years – ‘m not sure holding it in the same year as the Olympics is a fabulous idea – though perhaps as an end of season jamboree in Olympic Years, and a more midseason competition in the ‘off’ years

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 88 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.