This topic contains 42 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  james 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 18 posts - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Lisa
    Participant

Bit disappointed in the men’s high jump.

Lisa
    Participant

But super vaulting from Hague.

Lisa
    Participant

Well done to Lee Thompson getting the qualification time.

Gavin
    Participant

Yeah, smashed his PB by half a second to do so. A huge amount at 400.

Gavin
    Participant

Wow, fast women’s 800 (through 400 in 57.06!)

I’d take both Shelayna & Mhairi to Birmingham. Lynsey Sharp hasn’t shown any great form this winter.

Gavin
    Participant

Very good women’s 400. Big PBs for Clark and, also under the Worlds standard, Amy Allcock.

Lisa
    Participant

Good run by Eilish.

Gavin
    Participant

Nervous wait for Katie Snowden in 2nd – waiting on Laura’s decision or whether Sarah McDonald will declare she’ll be fit for 12 days’ time.

Matt
    Participant

Impressive run from Thompson in his 3rd race in 2 days.

Shelayna OC moves up to 5th in the world with that run.

Generally it’s been a good day

graham
    Participant

Hannah Williams did OK as well. Showing steady progress and rewarded by a place in the relay.

Any news from her sister Jodie?

Perhaps 2 Williams in the 4 x 400 relay? 🙂

SteveK26
    Participant

I’m not sure we will see much more of Jodie Williams on the track.
    Hardly competed at all last year. Hasn’t set a PB since 2014.

james
    Participant

…and, SteveK26, if that is the case, would be sad … from teenage prodigy to … to what? unfulfilled talent? The 200m that made her second on the UK all time list, at the time in 2014, made her mark. I still think she is young enough, 24, to explore the 400, but when she didnt appear for the indoor season, I have to say I was concerned… she was one of those I alluded to that the World Indoors would have made a good target.

SteveK26
    Participant

Carter

It would be a great shame, as you say.
    It seemed to become likely that the 400 would be the way forward for her. But I think she hated the event.
    Ash Nelson tried the 400 indoors last weekend. I wonder if she will make the switch permanent?

james
    Participant

I applaud Ms. Nelson’s effort, and certainly hadn’t considered her as a natural 400 runner… always impressed by her conditioning and was very unlucky with injuries. it might inspire others to take up a new challenge.

maybe she should try the bobsleigh!

SteveK26
    Participant
    I applaud Ms. Nelson’s effort, and certainly hadn’t considered her as a natural 400 runner… always impressed by her conditioning and was very unlucky with injuries. it might inspire others to take up a new challenge.

maybe she should try the bobsleigh!

Well she needs to have a chat with Miss Sawyers, then!

She does (as you say) always look superbly conditioned.

graham
    Participant

Re Jodie Williams. Being a twitter nut I’ve seen a few video clips of her training in Arizona and looking good. Very silent on twitter so not much being communicated.

Could be a case of getting your head round an issue or two – but I hope she makes it back. She is after all still young enough to still achieve more success. But could be just a bunch of injuries she’s getting over.

Perhaps Hannah’s progress is being more measured give better results over the next 4-10 years?

Whatever it is I’d love to see these two in the 4 x 400 team…….and running scorching 400 individual times! #evertheoptimist

SteveK26
    Participant

Sprintfan

Can’t disagree with any of that!

james
    Participant

Training in Arizona is not competing at a level that has been talked of since she was a young Champion athlete.( No shortage of those sadly) I suspect a long, frustrating wait for fans of JW.
    I can never understand the endless talk of injuries by athletes; the whole idea of being an effective performer is to be fit on the starting line, when it matters.

Viewing 18 posts - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.