This topic contains 612 replies, has 46 voices, and was last updated by  John 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 613 total)
  • Author

Gavin
    Participant

17-year-old Riley Day ran 22.93 in the 200 into a 1.7 headwind to win the Australian Championships!

The Aussies have some seriously good young female talents at the moment. Bendere Oboya 51.96 in the 400 at age 17, Keely Small 2:01.46 in the 800, just 16 yo (she ran that time at 15) and Elle Beer 54.4 in the 400, aged just 15.

Gavin
    Participant

Aside from the NCAA Indoor Championships live on BT Sport this weekend, there’s various outdoor events in March that will be live streamed/broadcast.

10th – 11th European Throwing Cup (Leiria, POR) (GB are sending a team of 11 for this)
    11th Lisbon Half Marathon (not certain this will be streamed without geo-blocking though)
    17th Sydney Athletics Grand Prix (the first of 3 ‘big’ Aussie meets which I’m guessing will have plenty of British involvement)
    18th New York City Half Marathon
    22nd Summer of Athletics Grand Prix (Brisbane)
    24th IAAF World Half Marathon Championships (Valencia) (hopefully on the BBC, if not broadcast by the IAAF?)
    28th Queensland Track Classic (Nathan) (don’t think this is going to be streamed though)

See the Live Streaming links thread for streaming details nearer the time.

Jamie Luis Ford
    Participant

Would be very eager for some sort of ‘Commonwealth predictions’ game or something – missed the boat on the indoors one.

Just seen Richard Kilty has been added to the 4×100 & 200m.. *deep sigh* w/ Talbot out – very unfortunate was really looking forward to seeing his early form.

SteveK26
    Participant
    Would be very eager for some sort of ‘Commonwealth predictions’ game or something – missed the boat on the indoors one.

Just seen Richard Kilty has been added to the 4×100 & 200m.. *deep sigh* w/ Talbot out – very unfortunate was really looking forward to seeing his early form.

Agree with all that.
    Pity you missed the Luckyspikes comp, it was good fun and a bit different to most. But could have done with a few more takers.

Jamie Luis Ford
    Participant

I saw it and kicked myself. I spend most days at work jotting predictions down on several sheets of a4.

Will keep my eyes peeled!

Gavin
    Participant

I don’t mind setting up another predictions game for the Commonwealths. However, everyone should feel free to beat me to it with their own game. 🙂

Gavin
    Participant

There’s a few English athletes in the Sydney Grand Prix this Saturday, streaming live from 7am UK time at http://live.athletics.com.au/ – Dasher in the 100, Cowan & Yousif in the 200, Adam Hague & Jade Lally. Centrowitz is in the 1500 too.

Not as many as I was expecting but maybe there’ll be a few more in the Brisbane meetings on the 22nd & 28th?

The timetable for Sydney is here. (11 hours ahead of the UK)
    The entry lists are here.

On Sunday morning there’s the NYC Half Marathon. More details of live streaming etc for this in my March live streams document (download here).

james
    Participant

Clarence Munyai wins 100m in the SA Champs in Joburg in a new SA record…..19.69 with a -0.6 Even at that altitude still a fine performance.

SteveK26
    Participant

A lot of extremely fast SA sprinters about these days!

The new no.1 sprinting nation? Whats their secret?

tom
    Participant

18 year old Jake Norris is not mucking about. In his first outdoor competition of the year he smashed the UK Junior hammer record with 70.98m.

Gavin
    Participant

The fields for the Brisbane meeting tomorrow are stronger than the Sydney meeting last weekend – more international including a lot more Brits (and Japanese!) You can find the entry lists & timetable here.
    It will be live streamed via http://live.athletics.com.au, starting around 8.30am UK time.

derek lynch
    Participant

Hi everyone. Sorry to be a nuisance but I don’t have microsoft office so can’t read Luckyspike’s links. I’m dying to watch the World Half Marathon Championships,but can’t find any info on how to do so. Neither the beeb nor eurosport seem to be bothering. I was hoping the IAAF might do a livestream, but there does’nt seem to be any indication of this happening either! Surely things are’nt this bad with athletics? Are we now less popular than Nordic skiing?! Please help!

Richard
    Participant
    18 year old Jake Norris is not mucking about. In his first outdoor competition of the year he smashed the UK Junior hammer record with 70.98m.

Yes, saw that result. Very impressive.

Not so long ago the hammer was a complete wasteland. Now its our best throwing event by such a distance that it’s just not funny.

SteveK26
    Participant

Semenya runs 4-02.50, last 400 below 60 secs, to set world lead in 1500. Solo effort almost, and front run from the start.

The video is on ‘Watch Athletics’.

Looks like she will be in good form foe Brisbane!

SteveK26
    Participant
    Hi everyone. Sorry to be a nuisance but I don’t have microsoft office so can’t read Luckyspike’s links. I’m dying to watch the World Half Marathon Championships,but can’t find any info on how to do so. Neither the beeb nor eurosport seem to be bothering. I was hoping the IAAF might do a livestream, but there does’nt seem to be any indication of this happening either! Surely things are’nt this bad with athletics? Are we now less popular than Nordic skiing?! Please help!

Luckyspikes tells us that there will be an IAAF stream, so check their site nearer the time.
    Hope you get to see it.

derek lynch
    Participant

OK that’s great. Thanks very much

Gavin
    Participant

If you have something like LibreOffice or StarOffice it will open in those (I use LibreOffice and don’t have Microsoft Office either). Hope you got to see the races anyway.

Bit of a surprise in the women’s race with Netsanet Gudeta Kebede (sometimes known as Gudeta) winning in a Women’s Only WR of 66:11. Joyciline Jepkosgei was dropped before 14km but rallied a little to finish 2nd, 43 seconds back.
    In the unofficial non-African-born race, Ancuta Bobocel took the “honours” in 70:21. Charlotte Purdue was 6th in that race (21st overall) in 71:21.

Geoffrey Kamworor won his 3rd consecutive 1/2 Marathon title in 60:02. Rising star, Julien Wanders (SUI), was first non-African in 8th (61:03). Mohamud Aadan was first Brit in 36th, a few seconds ahead of Luke Traynor. Ben Connor was 64th, well down on his recent 61:12 form.

Gavin
    Participant
    Hi everyone. Sorry to be a nuisance but I don’t have microsoft office so can’t read Luckyspike’s links.

PS Frankie,

If you still can’t open my documents, copy & paste the link then, before hitting enter, change the 1 at the end of the link to 0 (i.e., zero) – that allows you to view the document online on the Dropbox site.

tom
    Participant

Jake Norris seems to have settled with some style into the US collegiate system. He’s improved his week old UK Junior hammer record to 72.70m.

Matt
    Participant

Nic Percy’s enjoying his time out there too, he opened with a 62.50 yesterday, he’s only thrown further than that twice.

Tom Walsh improves to 22.67, moves him ahead of Crouser and up to =6th!

Gavin
    Participant

Episode 51 of the Athletic Experience podcast is an interview with Tim Duckworth.

james
    Participant

Dashawn Morris wins Jamaican schools 400m(u 20) in 45.09, second best this year outdoors. Maybe a name to remember.

Richard
    Participant

Not quite sure how I missed these, but Vetter’s already racked up 2 90m comps – 91.22 followed by 92.70.

Some great throwing going on.

SteveK26
    Participant
    Not quite sure how I missed these, but Vetter’s already racked up 2 90m comps – 91.22 followed by 92.70.

Some great throwing going on.

Very early doors to be throwing that far!

david
    Participant

Steve
    Early Season re Vetter JT
    So will be be supreme in the peak of the season?
    Likewise Walsh, NZL, SP 22.67, =6th all-time list and the best since 2003.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 613 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.