A post-training snack containing protein and carbs to help you re-fuel
Exercise nutritionists working for David Lloyd Leisure claim to have come up with the recipe for the perfect post-training snack containing the precise measure of protein and carbs needed to re-fuel.
“One cup of almond milk will provide half of your daily-recommended intake of Vitamin E, while the banana adds a wealth of potassium and the oats help to re-stock your glycogen stores,” says nutritionist Carly Tierney.
“Flax seeds and the date boost recommended daily fibre intake.”
We’ve given it a whirl here in the AW offices and it gets our thumbs-up.
• 3/4 cup of almond milk
• 2 tablespoons of almond butter
• 1/4 cup of raw cashews (soaked overnight)
• 1 medium banana (cut into chunks and frozen)
• 2 tablespoons of whole oats
• 1 tablespoon of ground flax seed
• 1 pitted dried date and a sprinkle of cinnamon in a blender
Blend together the ingredients until smooth. Top with a sprinkle of coconut to serve.