Highlights from the Scottish Championships in Grangemouth, NACAC Championships in Toronto, MK5000 PB Special and more
Vacancy: Sales executiveJuly 14, 2018
Great Run Publishing is looking for a sales executive to join the team
Job role: Sales executive
Location: London, Full time, Permanent
About Great Run Publishing
Great Run Publishing is a unique portfolio of sporting magazines, incorporating the iconic Athletics Weekly and the Great Run Company.
Athletics Weekly has been providing news and views from the sport of athletics for over 70 years. With up to 100 pages each week covering the latest events, Athletics Weekly is THE magazine for track and field and running. Every run, jump and throw, every week!
Focused around each of three of the Great Runs (Manchester, South and the world’s favourite run – the Great North Run), the Great Run magazines provide both a guide to each of the major Great Run events and also information on the best preparation for taking part. From nutrition, to psychology, to which charity to run for and what to wear, the Great Run magazines are delivered to each participant six weeks before their big day. They are an ideal pre-race companion for over 120,000 dedicated runners.
The Great Swim magazine is a guide to open water swimming. Available all through the summer and sent to the Great Swim’s 18,000 participants, this magazine provides a unique source of information for those interested in or taking part in an outdoor swim.
We have a brilliant opportunity to work with a new exciting publishing company – Great Run Publishing as a Group Sales Executive. You will be selling ad space over the telephone for the business, fixtures and web sections of the country’s biggest athletics magazine, as well as regional advertising in our new series of Great Run magazines with a total circulation in excess of 120,000.
You will be responsible for developing our classified ad section and developing new and existing business accounts to increase sales against agreed targets. Based in our office in Covent Garden, London, you will spend much of your time liaising with new clients and existing clients face to face and via the telephone. We are looking for someone with bags of ambition and a desire to be successful in classified ad sales in order to rise quickly through the company!
If this sounds like something you would enjoy and you think you have the right skills then please get in touch today! This is a fantastic opportunity so don’t miss out.
There will be some travel involved initially during the induction period, between our Newcastle and London offices.
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will:
- Have demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Be tenacious, resilient, ambitious and have great communication skills
- Agency selling experience would be an advantage
- Have experience in sales, particularly telesales and face to face
- Have a real interest in media and advertising
- Be ambitious and have a desire to succeed
- Ideally have a love of athletics and road running
What will we offer you?
- A fast-paced environment with plenty of opportunities to grow in the company
- The opportunity to sell to a wide variety of suppliers in the sports of athletics and road running
- A competitive basic salary plus commission
- A generous pension scheme
- Additional benefits include childcare voucher scheme
- Opportunities to develop your career at Great Run Publishing
- Learning and development opportunities within your role
If you are interested in applying for this post, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org