Athletics Weekly

Current Young talent

News, reports and results from the UK and the rest of the world

Current Young talent

Postby Esaylap » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:47 pm

Hi all,
I thought I mention the depth of young, strong, talented and bright British runners, they deserve credits, they have been doing very well in recent few months , in all athletics events...
As I think I understand middle distance running, I believe Britain should expect few gold medalist in the near future.
Esaylap

Postby jshelley » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:19 pm

Who were you thinking of?
jshelley

Postby kingmaker » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:02 am

hes probably been watching the tv and thought to win a aaa's title in a slow time was progress :roll:
kingmaker

Postby Esaylap » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:35 pm

I was thinking of mainly junior women endurance runners and few sprinters..
As a middle distance coach if I was lucky to have 2 or 3 of the current leading women junior cross country runners I would turn them to future world beaters, I am not saying their coaches are not to the standard but I think some of the runners need good directions, different training and me as a coach :shock:
Esaylap

Postby kingmaker » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:17 pm

wow.i love me who do you love? :roll: you have a track record with anyone or do you just like blowing your own sizeable but ficticious trumpet??? :D
kingmaker

Postby Esaylap » Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:04 pm

kingmaker wrote:wow.i love me who do you love? :roll: you have a track record with anyone or do you just like blowing your own sizeable but ficticious trumpet??? :D

Young British female runners, some who are taking part in next week's world championships and others who are not lucky or injured not to make the GB team are a good example of how strong Britain is and will be in the next few years in middle/ long distance running, this to my knowledge is no fiction.
I dont have a track record with any successful athlete but what I have is some knowledge of endurance running that I was blessed with as a former runner and today as a coach. You dont have to coach internationals to become a good coach, it's the other way round..
Esaylap

Postby kingmaker » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:05 am

Young British female runners, some who are taking part in next week's world championships and others who are not lucky or injured not to make the GB team are a good example of how strong Britain is and will be in the next few years in middle/ long distance running, this to my knowledge is no fiction.
I dont have a track record with any successful athlete but what I have is some knowledge of endurance running that I was blessed with as a former runner and today as a coach. You dont have to coach internationals to become a good coach, it's the other way round..

I'd have to agree with the last statement esay but i have a track record in coaching after being what i class as an average athlete although i didnt have the type 2 fibres i did have excellent technique in all i did. this was down to good coaching by an oustanding coach and motivator. and while i find the current trend of fast tracking ex internationals abhorent i also find those who wish to poach and take on over the fruits of other coaches labours equally distasteful.

try taking some one on from beginner, to county champion, to regional champ and beyond before you come up with an instant remedy for everything else. i have so have others try it,s much more satisfying. 8)
kingmaker

Postby Esaylap » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:26 pm

kingmaker wrote:
while i find the current trend of fast tracking ex internationals abhorent i also find those who wish to poach and take on over the fruits of other coaches labours equally distasteful.

I dont see were the problem is if the athlete is happy to change their coach, there should be no hard feelings or silly emotions involved from, I understand it is very hard to take and every coach dream it to see their athlete progress from Learning to Train window to T2 Win... but for the benefit of the sport and the athlete, coaches should learn to let go if you know what I mean and should think athlete first.. I have done all my athletics in an other country and learnt the craft of being a successful coach in this country, I can see things a bit different .
Esaylap

Postby kingmaker » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:40 pm

so basically your saying that although you have no experience of coaching that you would be able to do a better job than those doing the job right no, due to the fact that you learnt about the sport from others overseas?????? :roll:
kingmaker

Postby Esaylap » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:02 pm

I didn't say I have no coaching experience..to come to your last point, yes I can coach the current GB junior athletes, sometimes the change of coaches can be a positive thing for the athlete specialy at this crucial time of their athletics career.
Esaylap

Postby Esaylap » Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:39 pm

I have looked at UK athletics site today and read that few of GB juniors have in my opinion been doing some strange training so that they get themselves familiarised with the warm climate of Mombasa, which to make makes no sense..
Many Moroccan runners a country where I am from spend their winter training in Middle Atlas in Ifran, Moroccan a town covered in snow most winters because of high attitude, surrounding mountains, some athlete come from around Ifran so they live in cold climate, I dont see them visiting the Sahara for some hot sun to get ready for Mombasa..I hope you can see the picture.
The point I am trying to make is it does not matter often where you train specially for cross country championship no matter where it might be held, that kind of silly training only affect the body in long term and makes an athlete prune to injuries or face breathing difficulties in competitions. . , it is not only British athletes who train in could conditions, the Chineses, Japnaise, scandinavians and east Europeans do not to mention the north Africans, you need warm conditions for training because it helps your body to adopt and train longer without much fatigue and to avoid injuries, hot climate training does not make you run faster or longer if you know what I mean ... most Kenyan runners are based in West and North Europe in winter, some throughout the year ....enough said.
Esaylap

Postby braddy_atheltics » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:58 pm

I agree with Easylap we have great juniors suck as: Emily Pidgeon, Harry AA, Sian Edwards, Steph Twell, Vikki Hubbard, Luke Cutts etc. :D
braddy_atheltics

Return to Current events