Athletics Weekly

Sport Films

Any non-athletics related discussion

Sport Films

Postby manonfire » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:55 pm

Hi all,

I'm a huge film fan - always watching them! So I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions and recommendations of some great sport films to check out.

There's two that are being re-released soon (for the first time - I think - on Blu-Ray!) that are well worth checking out if you havent already; Chuck Norris' fighting classic A Force Of One and Dolph Lundgren's really enjoyable Pentathlon! Two excellent sporting films that I cannot recommend higher. Anyone seen either of these? They're going to look stunning on Blu-Ray!

So what's your favourite sports films? Got any recommendations?
manonfire

Re: Sport Films

Postby camerajuan » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:40 pm

The recently released "Salute" film should be unreal. Check that out, though more of a documentary and back story regarding the aftermath of the Mexico games for Peter Norman.

Actual sport films? Senna, Mean Machine, The Longest Yard(either one), Prefontaine, any Rocky(cliche).

Though not really about sport, I loved Into the Blue. Was about freedivers who get caught up in a drug/treasure bust. Well worth it.
camerajuan

Postby adpel » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:03 pm

every time i think jogging/running i think Forest Gump! :)
adpel

Postby MBChristie » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:30 pm

The first film I always think of is "Geordie". Made in 1955 about a Scottish hammer thrower who went the the Melbourne Olympics.
MBChristie

Postby Norris » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:03 am

I'm also big lover of sport movies, they are great source of fun and entertainment. Although they are best motivation practices for persons who want to improve their fitness level.

Lakewood fitness
Norris

Return to Off track