With Maz cocking up spectacularly and Emma fracturing a rib these trials have made everything clear as mud. I don't think I can remember a more complicated selection decision.
Had Maz and Emma come 1/2 (As they should have) it would have been pretty simple to agree on who ran the best at the Euros and give them the final Olympic place. As it is.........
- The UK 1 and 2 come 5th and 7th at the trial!!!
- The Uk's dominant runner is yet to run this year.
- The trials winner is the current UK #5.
- She's slower than those that came 2nd and 3rd @ trials (One of whom is 17 but presumeably out of Oly contention)
- 5 people have currently been names in the Euro 800m team only 3 of whom can go
- Assuming the Top 2 (Neither of whom have fulfilled Olympic qualifying criteria) go to the Euros they only have to run 1.59.90 to guarantee Oly selection.
- This leaves 1 place for last years top 3 Meadows, Okoro and Jackson
- If either Simpson or Sharp don't get QT but Meadows does do you pick her over Jackson/Okoro?
- Is Jackson's injury season threatening?
- Will Maz ever learn?
What a complete mess!!!
She only needed to cruise round and make the top 2 which should could have done easily, but her ridiculous run has put her olympic selection in serious doubt. I think she'll be REALLY lucky to make the team. It could all come dowm to how bad Emma's injury is and if Lyndsey can get the A.
Most fun I've had all weekend.