Athletics Weekly

Fell Running Inspiration.

Any non-athletics related discussion

Fell Running Inspiration.

Postby Charleton Chestwig » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:00 am

A bit of hill running inspiration for you.Trailer for The English Fell Running Championships 2010. Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JncsgnQ6pvY
Charleton Chestwig

Re: Fell Running Inspiration.

Postby Anthony Treacher » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:00 pm

Marvellous!!! Thanks Charleton. Fell Runners have more fun than I do. I must get away from indoor tracks and out into the great beyond.
Anthony Treacher

Postby d pickup » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:52 am

Charleton Chestwig wrote:A bit of hill running inspiration for you.Trailer for The English Fell Running Championships 2010. Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JncsgnQ6pvY

Beautiful, just beautiful. To think I might just walk along the street and I might see one of those who do fell racing.

I remember, was it the Middlesex Youth cross country Championships at ‘Parliament Hills’ and the steep hills and the pain of running up hill, but one wasn’t going to give up, and then the down hill, where I took courage and over took many, many runners - but this looks tougher.

My legs were tingling just watching. Oh that I was younger and my joints could take it and I had the training and so the heart and system to take on such challenges.

I enjoyed this running film as much as I have ever seen - and that includes Ovett in full flight, Cram, and Coe too ... Bekele ... Herb Elliott ...

As Anthony Treacher says hence away yea indoor tracks, and for me hence away all those lists of WRs, and following running round and round tracks and along tarmac roads, walking, field events and HEP/DEC ... and relish the wonders of Fell running - in some of Britain’s most beautiful settings.

And everybody seemed so happy if a little tired, and aching, with the effort of it all.

Thank you CC.
d pickup

Postby Charleton Chestwig » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:17 am

Thanks for the complements. In 2005 we filmed the World Masters Mountain Running Championships which was in Keswick that year. I think the oldest competitor was 84 so I guess you're never too old to start!
Charleton Chestwig

Return to Off track