Sprint sensation Usain Bolt to run his last competitive race in Jamaica at Saturday’s event, which is also set to feature Mo Farah

Many stars from athletics will be competing in Jamaica on Saturday (June 10) as Usain Bolt contests his last competitive race on home soil at the Racers Grand Prix.

The sprint sensation is set to retire after this summer’s IAAF World Championships in London but, as the 11-time world gold medallist works his way to the Championships, he will race over 100m in Kingston at the meeting dubbed ‘Salute to a Legend’.

Provisional start lists see world 100m and 200m record-holder Bolt listed in a field also featuring fellow Jamaicans Nickel Ashmeade, Michael Frater and Jevaughn Minzie, plus Antigua and Barbuda’s Daniel Bailey, USA’s Terrell Cotton and Ramon Gittens of Barbados.

Yohan Blake races in another 100m alongside the likes of South Africa’s Akani Simbine.

Also among those set to compete at the Racers Grand Prix are Britain’s four-time Olympic gold medallist Mo Farah in the 3000m, world 400m record-holder Wayde van Niekerk in the 200m, two-time Olympic champion and world record-holder David Rudisha in the 800m, two-time Olympic gold medallist Christian Taylor in the triple jump, nine-time world gold medallist Allyson Felix in the 400m, two-time world indoor champion Nia Ali in the 100m hurdles and Olympic champion Dalilah Muhammad in the 400m hurdles.

The provisional start lists can be found here, while a timetable is here. The ‘Salute to a Legend’ 100m race is set for 22:10 local time (04:10 June 11 BST).

Meanwhile, Bolt has also been announced for the Golden Spike IAAF World Challenge meeting in Ostrava, Czech Republic, on June 28.

He is again set to race the 100m, while previously announced athletes also set for the meeting include Farah and Van Niekerk.

“The Golden Spike meeting in Ostrava is always one of the first meetings I put in my diary each year and I am happy to announce that I will be competing there for the ninth and final time on June 28 this year,” Bolt told organisers.

“I think it was the first professional track meet that invited me to run back at the start of my career and it is fitting that I should return there in my final season.”