Athletics Weekly

New Member - Hi

Any non-athletics related discussion

New Member - Hi

Postby Darkelf » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:59 pm

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone.

Ex Feltham AC/Borough of Hounslow member from the 70s. Trained under Neville Taylor (does anyone know the whereabouts of "Chief"?) Also Borough Road College 79-82. (A Charlie Lipton boy. :D )

Now living in Sydney,Oz where athletics is a 95th rated sport. (We get lousy coverage of any T&F and then only if it features an aussie.) The only 5000 I have seen in it's entirety since coming here in 88 was at the recent Commonwealth Games and that was because it featured Mottram.)

Was really excited to find this forum as I used to buy AW religiously until I arrived in Sydney. I look forward to chatting with you all.
Darkelf

Re: New Member - Hi

Postby daisy » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:57 pm

I can relate to your experience. Fortunately we can now see the track meets on www.wcsn.com for a minimal fee. Unfortunately for you, i think you need to have an IP number in the states to be able to use it. I agree this forum is great for finding out what is happening at 'home'. Welcome aboard.
daisy

Postby Minerva » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:29 pm

Hi Darkelf,

I feel like my arms been cut off just not being able to watch the Golden League so sympathise with your plight.

Hopefully you'll get plenty of gossip and performance chat here throughout the season to keep you up to date with goings on from across the pond.
Minerva

Postby Darkelf » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:43 pm

Thanks Minerva/Daisy.

I am very interested in some of the Nics. (Avatar names). I have picked up Mark Naylor but for the life of me can't work out any of the others.

Is Jon, Jon Ridgeon? And it would be great to think that sovietvest is a certain Mr ILY Ovett. Unfortunately I don't think it is as I believe that Steve is here in Aus. He was commenting for Aus TV during the Commonwealth Games and I must say it was great to hear a familiar knowledgable voice again.

Anyone care to reveal themselves?? :D
Darkelf

Return to Off track