Athletics Weekly

who believes sally gunmel is slightly egotistical?

Any non-athletics related discussion

who believes sally gunmel is slightly egotistical?

Postby quickwalk » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:15 pm

: :roll: am i the only one that found sally gunmels interview technic slighhly ego tistical i do believe she asked the questions and then somehow anwered them before the sports person she was addressing could ?
quickwalk

Postby 'topher the track » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:47 am

It's called asking a leading question - she not only leads the athlete to the answer, she answers it as well.

She should go on a UK:A coaches course; they get you to ask "Open Questions" - that's a question where the answer can't be a straight Yes or No.

She was a good athlete, but she's a useless and dull TV interviewer.
'topher the track

Postby Wingit » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:28 am

Time they did away with the "after race interview" anyway it makes me want to reach for my salbutamol inhaler so then there would be no need for Sally G, I vote get rid of her.
Wingit

Postby pegleg » Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:42 am

Has anyone literally noticed how she literally says "literally" after almost every single word, quite literally!

There was a classic moment when she was commenting on a 400m hurdles race and said "Sinead Dudgeon literally hurdled that last hurdle... and she literally crossed the line." (no joke!)

The BBC rightfully got rid of one dud (John Regis). It's time they got rid of Sally too and brought back Christina Boxer.
pegleg

Postby daisy » Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:45 am

pegleg wrote:Has anyone literally noticed how she literally says "literally" after almost every single word, quite literally!.

I literally did not notice, like, when i caught a bit of the Worlds,like, on the TV this summer. But, like, that might just be, like, me. The kids here like, like, to use other words repetitively, but I've literally never, like, heard literally repeated like, like, literally ever.
daisy

Postby TopherTheTrack » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:43 pm

Get a decent jounalist to do the interviews and reporting, not an ex-athlete.

I was sorry to see Roger Black go.
Was it a case of always 2nd to MJ in his running career, then really got the hump (rightly) when the BBC bought MJ in and gave him the Daddy's role in the talking shop.
TopherTheTrack

Postby alf tupper » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:47 am

Gunnell was a mediocre athlete in a soft event. She's a less than mediocre tv interviewer. Boxer is no better. Black was rubbish in his year on TV but did improve.
alf tupper

Postby hodjez » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:46 pm

TopherTheTrack wrote:Get a decent jounalist to do the interviews and reporting, not an ex-athlete.

I was sorry to see Roger Black go.
Was it a case of always 2nd to MJ in his running career, then really got the hump (rightly) when the BBC bought MJ in and gave him the Daddy's role in the talking shop.

MJ is an excellent commentator though, he really knows what he is talking about.

Crammy does a good job, I just don't like gunnels interviews
hodjez

Postby wilyvet » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:23 pm

Her interviews are really embarrassing. She would make a better job of playing up front for Villareal in Spain alongside her twin Diego Forlan.
wilyvet

Postby longthrow » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:45 pm

sallys been there done and worn the t.shirt how did you do
longthrow

Return to Off track