Athletics Weekly

Who Are Britain's Stars Of The Future ?

News, reports and results from the UK and the rest of the world

Postby Pelle3 » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:09 pm

Not suprisingly, Emily Pidgeon is one to watch - a shining star for the future. Do you think she will continue along a nice improvement curve as she matures into the sport? She seems to continue having fun with her competitions, and athletics does not seem to be a "job" to her. What, ultimately, is her best event?
Pelle3

Re: I agree,

Postby Minerva » Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:19 pm

welsh track star wrote:But i cant put any more emphasis on Chris Clarke ive seen this guy run 3 times and has wowed me everytime. He has such a good natural ability and only 15 years old (16 in 2006) has such good potensial. 47.55 as a first year u17... not many other famous athletes can boast that can they???

Well I think a few more people might have noticed Chris now after his performance in the Grand Prix at Birmingham (21:54 for an 200m u-17 British record) - performance of the Grand Prix - and it wasnt even in the main programme!
Minerva

Postby Javelin Sam » Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:54 am

Javelin Sam wrote:Lets talk Javelin for a second....

i will include some of my athletes only because i have belief that they have the potential do get to the very top with or without my coaching.

Current Juniors that I believe will go on to be huge are:

James campbell - 67m U20 1st yr of 3 - this lad oozes tallent..a bit of a flat year for him after doing so well at the youth commonwealth games..picked himself up to end the season throwing back to his best.
Stuart Harvey - 66m 1st yr of 2 - just how tall is this lad... with arms as long as his and his strength i will be supprised if he does not go over 70m in 2006

Laura Whittingham - 50m - a very athletic looking young lady with pleanty of range to throw the spear much further. great season with good development to bring herself over the 50m barrier...2006 should be an even better year for her!!

one to watch out for in 2006 is Emma christmas..she ranked 20th in this year's U20's she has 2 more years as a junior and since the start of 2004's season she has improved her PB 17m (she's my athlete)

Beneath them there are a few tallented younger throwers

Bonne Buwembo 59m (700g) 54.99m(800g) U17 1st yr (coached by me)
Stephen Reynolds ranked inside the top 20 U17's is basically a beginner at this event. He has awesome strength and determination and will be one to watch for in 2006 as a 2nd yr U17

Jade Dodd - U17 43m... in my personal opinion she has enough tallent to take this event and make it her own... if she can keep with it over the next 5 years she could well be challenging for major honours on the world stage

Supprise package of 2005 with regard to the Senior Men...Mervin Luckwell from Milton Keyenes (spelling). Just 3.5years ago his PB was just short of 50m now his pb is just short of 70m.. at over 6ft3 and 18 stone this awesome powerhouse is one that the rest of the world should be looking out for in years to come!!

all the above views are my own personal views.... if you feel differently to anything that i have put please notify me and i shall make ammendments where necessary

Sam

in reply to my own post from december 2005

James campbell has proved my predictions right with his 71.60m throw from BIG

and Mervin Luckwell throwing 72.37m also at BIG

It's still early doors and i expect much more from these big guns...
Javelin Sam

Previous

Return to Current events