Athletics Weekly

Women's 4x100m

This forum has been closed and continues at http://www.athleticsweekly.com/forums/forum/flashback/

Women's 4x100m

Postby Harlowb77 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:46 am

Our women's 4x100m team has not been the best in recent years but right now they are coming into some kind of form, after seeing them in crystal palace relay with tiffany porter running a storming first leg she should be a key aspect.
My team
T.porter leg 1
J.kwakye leg 2
L.turner or E.freeman (if she is fit) leg
J.Williams or A.onhoura (as long as Jodie will do the worlds)

What would your women's 4x100m relay dream team be, for the world champs???
Harlowb77

Re: Women's 4x100m

Postby SteveK26 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:23 am

There is no reason for this topic to be on ''flashback''.
But since it is, here is my ''dream team''.......bearing in mind that my opinion of our women's efforts in this sphere over the last couple of years has been nothing short of dismal:
Oyipitan..Kwakye...Williams...Porter.
( I'm not a fan of Miss Turner when it comes to relays, and its becoming a bit of a stretch of the imagination to expect to see Emily back at her best(which is a great shame).
SteveK26

Re: Women's 4x100m

Postby peterwill » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:44 am

Out of the current crop of athletes, for this years Worlds, I would place in this order;
Kwakye, Onuora, Oyepitan, Porter

I think Kwakye is a tremendous starter for the relay, and she is obviously there. Porter really impressed at CP and her place should be given.

Laura Turner could be a consideration. I know many aren't keen on her relay participation, however, I think inserted in a middle leg, she wouldn't be bad. If Freeman was fit, she would obviously be in the third leg for me.

I would definitely not include Douglas, and I hope the selectors do not. Whenever the baton is dropped, she has the tendency to be there (CP last weekend, Olympics - just two to note). Whilst she does seem to pick up her performance for the relay, imo she's a little bit too inconsistent and unreliable.
peterwill

Return to Flashback (Legacy Only)