Athletics Weekly

Medical certificate requirements – EMG Lignano, Italy

Any non-athletics related discussion

Medical certificate requirements – EMG Lignano, Italy

Postby Anthony Treacher » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:13 pm

Watch out that some European countries require foreign athletes to have medical certificates. Participation at the European Masters Games (EMG) Lignano, Italy requires a pro forma medical certificate signed by a doctor - 'NNN is healthy and physically fit to compete' - available on the EMG website. Take this requirement seriously. EMG has informed me that ‘All the athletes who will not hand in the medical certificate at the accreditation, will not be able to take part in the EMG competitions.’
Anthony Treacher

Re: Medical certificate requirements – EMG Lignano, Italy

Postby Anthony Treacher » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:41 am

Over the weekend I mentioned the medical certificate requirement to several athletes who are going to Lignano. They did not understand that it is vital. If anyone from EMG Lignano is reading this, I suggest you send e-mails to all participants reminding them. I know it is the responsibility of the athletes but scenes where athletes are turned away on registration because they do not have the required medical certificate must be avoided at all costs.
Anthony Treacher

Re: Medical certificate requirements – EMG Lignano, Italy

Postby darrylphilander » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:14 pm

Some guess that as many as 60% of physicians still do not know of a quite popular career option available to them--locum tenens. Locum Tenens is Latin for "one holding a place." Basically, physicians fill in for other physicians who are out on vacation, extended leave, CME requirements, or other activities.
darrylphilander

Return to Off track