Athletics Weekly

Phillips Idowu talks injury speculation, Confidence of gold

News, reports and results from the UK and the rest of the world

Re: Phillips Idowu talks injury speculation, Confidence of g

Postby AllanW » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:50 pm

mump boy wrote:
What a failure

Thank you for accepting all the other points I made as valid and just disagreeing with that one.
AllanW

Postby moshimoshi » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:19 pm

AllanW wrote:...everyone is reacting to the circumstances Idowu is creating, they are not creating them. He alone is the well-spring of any controversy...
I guess that's true, in fairness CVC hasn't been falling out with people left right and centre. So it looks more like a story about Phillips Idowu alienating himself, rather than CVC, UKA, the BOA, Aston Moore... alienating him.

So he's not much of a 'joiner', there we are :). At least they've kept him on the team, held the door open. The media keep asking CVC about it, if they didn't it probably wouldn't be much of a scandal.
moshimoshi

Postby Kermit » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:19 pm

I guess the story weavers and conspiracy theorists were not interested in this piece of news today

"I'm in London where I have been for the last few weeks, finalising my prep and receiving therapy," Idowu said in a statement on Twitter.

"My coach knew about this and it has not been a secret."

.... "I have to give notification of my whereabouts everyday for doping purposes, so impossible to completely disappear," his said.

"The appropriate people can contact me with ease. There is no story here at all.

"I've only heard about the hysteria about my whereabouts today as I've been on a media lockdown, I'm into the village on Sunday as was planned months ago."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19125672
Kermit

Postby Occasional Hope » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:34 pm

guess the story weavers and conspiracy theorists were not interested in this piece of news today

The definition of a conspiracy theorist is someone who doesn't allow actual evidence to get in the way of their story.
Occasional Hope

Postby javman » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:38 pm

Who cares. The whole PI ridiculousness has been over shadowed by this evening
javman

Previous

Return to Current events