Athletics Weekly

Carl Fletcher sentanced

Drug-related news and topics. Note - this is not a place to make idle speculations.
Forum rules
Note - this is not a place to make idle speculations. Anyone doing so will face a warning and/or a ban.

Re: Carl Fletcher sentanced

Postby readtherules » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:05 pm

Still leaves the Q of his client list.Why no action and why has the Rugby League player not been banned.So much for working with Police and swopping info.
readtherules

Postby Condemned » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:23 am

What you read this in the paper ! It must be true :D
Condemned

Postby fangio » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:53 am

Condemned, seriously his barrister said he took the drugs. Are you callgn the Barrister a liar?

They found £6,500 of drugs 16 different substances, are you saying he was not trafficking it or supplying, or using it?

Your defence of Fletcher is clearly wrong, you are mkign up that he did not use, supply or traffick drugs, the conviction in court shows possession of significant quantities, the drug ban from UKAD shows he was trafficking and supplying drugs. These are because the convictions were based on the evidence provided by both sides, not just my opinion, or yours, or what the papers say.
fangio

Postby javman » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:09 am

Condemened, through FOI you can gain a transcript of the court proceedings. The detail of what both Fangio and I have said with regards to the defence Barristers comments are in that transcript.

Enough said - Fletcher is a cheat, he has admitted to being a cheat in a court of law and has been banned. He should be banned for life!!
javman

Postby readtherules » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:37 pm

javman wrote:Condemened, through FOI you can gain a transcript of the court proceedings. The detail of what both Fangio and I have said with regards to the defence Barristers comments are in that transcript.

Enough said - Fletcher is a cheat, he has admitted to being a cheat in a court of law and has been banned. He should be banned for life!!

On what basis do you feel that the transcript is subject to an FOI ?
readtherules

Postby javman » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:31 pm

readtherules wrote:
javman wrote:Condemened, through FOI you can gain a transcript of the court proceedings. The detail of what both Fangio and I have said with regards to the defence Barristers comments are in that transcript.

The proceedings were held in open court, and hence can be subject to FOI. Try it, I did and received a copy.
javman

Postby readtherules » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:01 pm

javman wrote:
readtherules wrote:

The proceedings were held in open court, and hence can be subject to FOI. Try it, I did and received a copy.

Sorry,thought you were refering to the NADP hearing.My stupid mistake.
readtherules

Previous

Return to Doping