Athletics Weekly

Doping news

This forum has been closed and continues at http://www.athleticsweekly.com/forums/f ... ti-doping/
Forum rules
Note - this is not a place to make idle speculations. Anyone doing so will face a warning and/or a ban.

Re: Doping news

Postby Kermit » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:40 pm

Liam all nutritional supplements are not just for body builders, but as I said before without supplements athletes can not train or compete at the level they are doing now. However there are supplements that are known to be borderline and supplement manufactures in their adverts use this fact to sell the products. They say "this isn't on the banned substance list but it will be within a few months. Buy it and use it before it gets banned".

In my opinion these manufactures have no right selling and should have their licence revoked worldwide.
Kermit
 
Posts: 5379
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:15 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Doping news

Postby readtherules » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:36 pm

Kermit wrote:Liam all nutritional supplements are not just for body builders, but as I said before without supplements athletes can not train or compete at the level they are doing now. However there are supplements that are known to be borderline and supplement manufactures in their adverts use this fact to sell the products. They say "this isn't on the banned substance list but it will be within a few months. Buy it and use it before it gets banned".

In my opinion these manufactures have no right selling and should have their licence revoked worldwide.


What about the billions of supplements from Boots etc.Let alone UKA and Red Bull.

Remember UKAD says dont take suypplements.Love for Boots, Holland and Barret etc to take them on.

Leaving aside doping comments have you seen the tour taking loads during the rides.
readtherules
 
Posts: 983
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: Doping news

Postby Kermit » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:40 pm

Readthe rules if that is the line that you want to take then there will be a ban on cancer treatments and the likes - where would that leave the world?
Kermit
 
Posts: 5379
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 1:15 pm
Location: Essex

Re: Doping news

Postby readtherules » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:45 am

Kermit wrote:Readthe rules if that is the line that you want to take then there will be a ban on cancer treatments and the likes - where would that leave the world?



Sorry Mr K. Did not wish that interpretation.More getting at the stupid anti doping taking strict liability to the point that they are somewhat critical of what is a billion pound industry supported by and supporting our best companies.There our roughes in all industries but for anti doping to be so broad brush is wrong and I await the big boys having a go back.
readtherules
 
Posts: 983
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: Doping news

Postby d pickup » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:44 pm

'Doping traced to ginseng coach brought from China, athlete acted in 'good faith' '

Some good faith on the drug front from CHN.

see
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spor ... 157868.cms
d pickup
 
Posts: 4003
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:59 am

Re: Doping news

Postby readtherules » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:05 pm

Reading the article it seems "the needle of suspicion" rather than "proof" about the supplement.
The ginsing seems a remarkable product having Stromba and D'bol in it.What a cheap deal.
readtherules
 
Posts: 983
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: Doping news

Postby d pickup » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:36 am

'NADA conducts surprise raid at NIS Patiala'

India again.

see
www.thehindu.com/sport/athletics/article2214033.ece
d pickup
 
Posts: 4003
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:59 am

Re: Doping news

Postby LiamRiley » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:26 pm

d pickup wrote:'Doping traced to ginseng coach brought from China, athlete acted in 'good faith' '

Some good faith on the drug front from CHN.

see
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spor ... 157868.cms

Is this just a parody of a doping scandal? Dodgy Ukrainian coach (check), Chinese supplements (check), blind officials (check), "naive" athletes (check), copious denial (check).

Soon to be followed by: obvious evidence, more denial, bans, and the token escape of one athlete through the incorrect processing of their "B" sample (a second failed test six months later is optional).
LiamRiley
 
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:07 am

Re: Doping news

Postby mump boy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:14 pm

Oh please :roll:

Steroid contaminated ginseng !!
mump boy
 
Posts: 2856
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:06 am

Re: Doping news

Postby Mr Halibut » Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:58 pm

I didn't see this mentioned on here yet - Dwain officially cleared to run in the DL.
Mr Halibut
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:59 pm

Re: Doping news

Postby readtherules » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:23 pm

more on Euro meet stuff.seems to be about cartels.Who would have ever thought that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?sec ... id=6750071

Have UKA had drug ban athletes at their meets,the article by Hart implies they have not;but I am not too sure.
readtherules
 
Posts: 983
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: Doping news

Postby d pickup » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:38 am

LiamRiley wrote:
d pickup wrote:'Doping traced to ginseng coach brought from China, athlete acted in 'good faith' '

Some good faith on the drug front from CHN.

see
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spor ... 157868.cms

Is this just a parody of a doping scandal? Dodgy Ukrainian coach (check), Chinese supplements (check), blind officials (check), "naive" athletes (check), copious denial (check).

Soon to be followed by: obvious evidence, more denial, bans, and the token escape of one athlete through the incorrect processing of their "B" sample (a second failed test six months later is optional).


LiamRiley
Man with the big smile // he have big tongue in big cheek // 'I no take the drug'
d pickup
 
Posts: 4003
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:59 am

Re: Doping news

Postby d pickup » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:39 am

'India's 400m star faces doping ban'

see
www.supersport.com/athletics/article.aspx?Id=424793

###

'Ashwini, Priyanka’s ‘B’ samples also test positive '

see
www.thehindu.com/sport/athletics/article2218546.ece

###

'Indian anti-doping officials raid sports center'

see
www.universalsports.com/news-blogs/arti ... rts+center
d pickup
 
Posts: 4003
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:59 am

Re: Doping news

Postby readtherules » Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:44 am

The last link was about "raids".
No idea what the actual powers of the Indian NADA are nor do I know whether steroids are a possesion offence nor do I know whether the precursors and metabolites are a criminal offence but have a feeling that "moral panic" may overide normality.
readtherules
 
Posts: 983
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: Doping news

Postby BigGut » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:30 am

Just to paraphrase your last post:

I know nothing at all but want to create the impression that something is wrong.
BigGut
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:16 pm

Re: Doping news

Postby flashcoach » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:37 am

Lay off of him you nasty little twisted ogre, the truth is you are a nobody and so is fangio this is why you spend all your time attacking posters and trawling the forums around the world so you can act as a UKA poodle, you need to quickly learn some manners and respect sunshine!!!
flashcoach
 
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:49 pm

Re: Doping news

Postby jjimbojames » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:48 am

flashcoach wrote:Lay off of him you nasty little twisted ogre, the truth is you are a nobody and so is fangio this is why you spend all your time attacking posters and trawling the forums around the world so you can act as a UKA poodle, you need to quickly learn some manners and respect sunshine!!!

Perhaps you could help guide the process by following your own advice :roll: The UKA debate bores the hell out of almost everyone on here, and is the majority cause for the personal slanging matches. Can't both sides just agree to disagree - given how it's more likely to affect your blood pressure a hell of a lot more than the current state of athletics...

With regard to your new thread - hardly a way of keeping yourself on the board!!! :?
jjimbojames
 
Posts: 2197
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:03 pm

Re: Doping news

Postby BigGut » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:10 pm

Flash,

My post is not in anyway a personal attack. It is a translation of what he says.

readtherules wrote:The last link was about "raids".
No idea what the actual powers of the Indian NADA are nor do I know whether steroids are a possesion offence nor do I know whether the precursors and metabolites are a criminal offence


This says "I know nothing at all", because without knowing any of this you cannot possibly comment on it's legality.

readtherules wrote: but have a feeling that "moral panic" may overide normality.


Says "but want to create the impression that something is wrong" because without the above info and talking about I have a feeling it is just a case of wanting to make something out to be true without any facts surrounding it.
BigGut
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:16 pm

Re: Doping news

Postby LiamRiley » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:29 pm

jjimbojames wrote::roll: The UKA debate bores the hell out of almost everyone on here, and is the majority cause for the personal slanging matches. Can't both sides just agree to disagree - given how it's more likely to affect your blood pressure a hell of a lot more than the current state of athletics...

Here, here. I've no problem with discussion of UKA's impact, but it is frustrating when entirely disconnected threads like this one surge into UKAggro territory.

Moving on, interesting that Euromeets is changing its tune. Where is this heading? Obviously the legal aspect is complicated by their invitational format (no chance of me suing Glastonbury for no putting me on, for instance), so what has changed? What are they scared of? If this decision is really pushed out then, at its most extreme, it suggests that lengthy bans for doping might even be questioned on legal grounds.

On one level, it's really sad to see that someone like Hind Dehiba has pushed the way to allow some like Dwain Chambers to compete. In terms of dopers, they are pretty much opposite ends of the spectrum in my eyes. The bad model remains the same: keep shtum, deny all, proclaim innocence. Any choices taken outside of that formula have consistently back-fired. WADA is just shooting itself in the foot by refusing to put together some form of sports doping rehabilitation program.
LiamRiley
 
Posts: 581
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:07 am

Re: Doping news

Postby readtherules » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:30 am

BigGut wrote:Flash,

My post is not in anyway a personal attack. It is a translation of what he says.

readtherules wrote:The last link was about "raids".
No idea what the actual powers of the Indian NADA are nor do I know whether steroids are a possesion offence nor do I know whether the precursors and metabolites are a criminal offence


This says "I know nothing at all", because without knowing any of this you cannot possibly comment on it's legality.

readtherules wrote: but have a feeling that "moral panic" may overide normality.


Says "but want to create the impression that something is wrong" because without the above info and talking about I have a feeling it is just a case of wanting to make something out to be true without any facts surrounding it.


Did you not spot a bit of tounge in check.Can you not imagine that in India a society with many many problems that a raid is highly disproportionate.But with testing becoming a high god of moral panic it is easy to invert normal values.Perhaps you could do a tad of research and actually dismiss my suggestion and prove that indian nado is working entirly within its powers.

My post was to expose moral panic and low and behold you fell right into it.

By the way I invite you,again, tell me what limits you would place on testing.
readtherules
 
Posts: 983
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: Doping news

Postby fangio » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:22 am

readtherules

I would suggest you do a bit of research on moral panic in India before declaring that a raid over drug use is a distortion of normality. Earlier this month 31 people were detained for "dancing indecently" in a restaurant, they were fully clothedjust dancing with friends. In India a raid for PED's is entirely proportionate to the country's culture.

Perhaps if you are going to be the one making up suggestions that the NADO is acting outside it's powers you should actually be the one to "do a tad of research". I know it's a crazy idea but why not get your facts straight before posting rather than making up allegations and then telling others they need to do research to provide proof that you are wrong.
fangio
 
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:39 pm

Re: Doping news

Postby mump boy » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:23 am

readtherules wrote:
BigGut wrote:
By the way I invite you,again, tell me what limits you would place on testing.


None, they should be hunted down 24/7, then locked up and the key throwm away
mump boy
 
Posts: 2856
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:06 am

Re: Doping news

Postby BigGut » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:25 am

If you are making the allegation it is up to YOU to provide the evidence. You can't just go around making allegations, as you always do, without any evidence then saying that unless somebody else provides evidence to the contrary what you say is true. YOU ARE THE ONE MAKING THE ALLEGATION IT IS UP TO YOU TOP PROVE IT. Better still, don't make the allegation until you have the proof.
BigGut
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:16 pm

Re: Doping news

Postby BigGut » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:31 am

Oh and how can you say you are exposing moral panic when you have admitted you have no idea what the actual powers of the Indian NADA are nor do you know whether steroids are a possesion offence nor do you know whether the precursors and metabolites are a criminal offence.

I don't honestly care whether it turns out to be over egging it. Until you know these things you shouldn't come on a forum saying it is overkill and public hysteria. It is just plain ignorant and the action of somebody who is clearly an apologist for the decietful liars who ruin our sport.
BigGut
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:16 pm

Re: Doping news

Postby readtherules » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:38 am

BigGut wrote:If you are making the allegation it is up to YOU to provide the evidence. You can't just go around making allegations, as you always do, without any evidence then saying that unless somebody else provides evidence to the contrary what you say is true. YOU ARE THE ONE MAKING THE ALLEGATION IT IS UP TO YOU TOP PROVE IT. Better still, don't make the allegation until you have the proof.


Searching rooms ;looking for supplements is not compliant with WADA IST.
The evidence was in the orginal post from dpickup.
readtherules
 
Posts: 983
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: Doping news

Postby readtherules » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:41 am

BigGut wrote:Oh and how can you say you are exposing moral panic when you have admitted you have no idea what the actual powers of the Indian NADA are nor do you know whether steroids are a possesion offence nor do you know whether the precursors and metabolites are a criminal offence.

I don't honestly care whether it turns out to be over egging it. Until you know these things you shouldn't come on a forum saying it is overkill and public hysteria. It is just plain ignorant and the action of somebody who is clearly an apologist for the decietful liars who ruin our sport.


Clearly all has to be compliant with WADA,all should know this .And if support personel then you must know it.
readtherules
 
Posts: 983
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: Doping news

Postby readtherules » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:43 am

mump boy wrote:
readtherules wrote:
BigGut wrote:
By the way I invite you,again, tell me what limits you would place on testing.


None, they should be hunted down 24/7, then locked up and the key throwm away


Can you provide a more sensible answer please as I can't think for one second that this is your true position.
readtherules
 
Posts: 983
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Re: Doping news

Postby BigGut » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:59 am

As I say, as you don't know whether it is a criminal offence you are not in a position to comment. If it is a criminal offence then the police may have a warrant to search the property, but since you dop not know anything whatsoever about Indian law you should not be comein gon here making allegations.

I don't know if you had noticed but the police are not subservient to WADA.
BigGut
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:16 pm

Re: Doping news

Postby jjimbojames » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:05 am

readtherules wrote:
mump boy wrote:
readtherules wrote:
BigGut wrote:
By the way I invite you,again, tell me what limits you would place on testing.


None, they should be hunted down 24/7, then locked up and the key throwm away


Can you provide a more sensible answer please as I can't think for one second that this is your true position.

You clearly don't know mump then! This is the exact answer I can imagine him giving - some people believe that the moral degradation of the sport is what is killing it from the inside out, and want rid of these people to whom knowingly cheating is acceptable and who are willing to screw all the others who get affected along the way
jjimbojames
 
Posts: 2197
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:03 pm

Re: Doping news

Postby readtherules » Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:36 am

I await M boys response,but no matter how high the need to do something it has to be within some form of rules/controls.

I also repeat that the present rules catch those who are not cheats.
readtherules
 
Posts: 983
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:05 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Anti-Doping (Legacy Only)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron

 

Athletics Weekly Limited © 2010. Terms of use

Design by The Church of London