Athletics Weekly

General results thread - July 2012

This forum has been closed and continues at http://www.athleticsweekly.com/forums/f ... nt-events/

Re: General results thread - July 2012

Postby Rapunzel1975 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:00 am

trevorp wrote:Results from the Szczecin meeting:
http://www.domtel-sport.pl/insidethecod ... 303-pl.pdf

No height from Lavillenie again.
Rapunzel1975
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 11:33 am

Re: General results thread - July 2012

Postby BigGut » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:09 am

On another thread Jeremy mocked my prediction of loads of UK records this season. I said I expected 12 this year. Lewis makes 10. Okoye, Bleasedale, Rutherford, Porter, Proctor, Ennis, Sayers, Jackson, Hitchon, Parker. I think Farah, Grabarz, Greene and Ohuruogu are all capable of setting new marks at the games, so perhaps my target for the season will be surpassed. It seems that despite Mr Negative saying otherwise it s a perfectly reasonable prediction.

What I am also pleased to see is that after 5.82 he skipped 5.87 and went to 5.92, shows that he has real ambition. Then again completely re-building your technique because you weren't happy being a 5.72 jumper already showed that ambition in spades. Well done Mr Lewis, an excellent role model.
BigGut
 
Posts: 1232
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:16 pm

Re: General results thread - July 2012

Postby SteveK26 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:42 am

BigGut wrote:On another thread Jeremy mocked my prediction of loads of UK records this season. I said I expected 12 this year. Lewis makes 10. Okoye, Bleasedale, Rutherford, Porter, Proctor, Ennis, Sayers, Jackson, Hitchon, Parker. I think Farah, Grabarz, Greene and Ohuruogu are all capable of setting new marks at the games, so perhaps my target for the season will be surpassed. It seems that despite Mr Negative saying otherwise it s a perfectly reasonable prediction.

What I am also pleased to see is that after 5.82 he skipped 5.87 and went to 5.92, shows that he has real ambition. Then again completely re-building your technique because you weren't happy being a 5.72 jumper already showed that ambition in spades. Well done Mr Lewis, an excellent role model.


I'd like to add my congrats to Lewis as well. If he does go higher (not much needed) he might medal.
Its been a very good year for our jumpers in particular,
I wonder what odds you would get about GB men medalling in all four jumps? If Phillips turns up in good shape it could just happen....
Our womens long jumpers and pole vaulters have had a good year too; I wonder why we never seem to produce a decent female high jumper? ( no disrespect to Isobel, but she needs to progress).
SteveK26
 
Posts: 2921
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:04 pm

Re: General results thread - July 2012

Postby trevorp » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:19 am

In Fribourg, Switzerland:
m100m (-0.1) 1 Joel Fearon 10.25 PB; in heat: 10.33 (0.0) PB
http://www.swiss-athletics.ch/de/leistu ... bourg.html
trevorp
 
Posts: 871
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:03 pm
Location: Essex

Re: General results thread - July 2012

Postby Geoff » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:37 am

Really pleased for fellow Potter Steve Lewis on his British record. It's been coming all year and hopefully there will be a little more still to come. Who knows in London what will happen but 5.80ish may well be enough to medal with Steve, hopefully, in the mix.
Geoff
 
Posts: 3337
Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:33 am

Re: General results thread - July 2012

Postby boysen » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:20 am

What a difference good weather makes. I assume Solihull was blessed as other parts of the country throwing up oodles of PB' and SB's .Note that Badders was bested but I assume he is training tired. The other point that caught my eye was the proliferation of sub 1.50 marks for U/20's.2012 may be an exceptional year????
boysen
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:17 am

Re: General results thread - July 2012

Postby moshimoshi » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:09 pm

curlark wrote:54.74 for Lynsey Sharp in the 400m at the Welsh Athletics International yesterday.
I think that was a PB, which is encouraging.
moshimoshi
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: General results thread - July 2012

Postby d pickup » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm

moshimoshi wrote:
curlark wrote:54.74 for Lynsey Sharp in the 400m at the Welsh Athletics International yesterday.
I think that was a PB, which is encouraging.


moshimoshi
It was a PB, her previous PB 55.27 '11
d pickup
 
Posts: 4003
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:59 am

Re: General results thread - July 2012

Postby boysen » Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:52 pm

would it be unkind to compare it to Maz's PB?
boysen
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:17 am

Re: General results thread - July 2012

Postby Mr Me » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:08 pm

Note that Badders was bested but I assume he is training tired.


Injury niggles apparently but encouraging hes racing, he has the background of an uninterupted season so far, so shouldn't take much to retain full fitness.
Mr Me
 
Posts: 403
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:42 am

Re: General results thread - July 2012

Postby moshimoshi » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:56 pm

d pickup wrote:moshimoshi
It was a PB, her previous PB 55.27 '11
I see thx, so half a second, that seems alright.
moshimoshi
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:58 pm

Re: General results thread - July 2012

Postby d pickup » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:09 pm

Kim Mickle, AUS, JT PB 64.12 '12

1m10s video. Impressive.

see
www.theage.com.au/olympics/athletics-lo ... 22r1r.html
d pickup
 
Posts: 4003
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:59 am

Re: General results thread - July 2012

Postby Scamp27 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Scott Bajere apparently ran 10.05s in a non-scoring 100m run at the BAL Div 4 meeting yesterday. After running 10.64 to win the scoring race.
Where did that come from? PB by over half a second, in a race where nobody else broke 11.0s!
Scamp27
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: General results thread - July 2012

Postby MysteryBrick » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:07 pm

I was there, it was absolutely unbelievable....

No, I can't keep the lie up. It's been recorded wrong, actually a 10.81. Power of 10 have been contacted to have it changed. He did PB in the 200m, but it was only by a tenth.
MysteryBrick
 
Posts: 709
Joined: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:37 pm

Re: General results thread - July 2012

Postby Ursus » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:04 pm

While on the subject of BAL, some pleasing domestic level shot developments:

Greg Beard who has occasionally posted here as Tucker cemented his return to the sport with an 18.14 PB. He has come a long way in a short time, so hopefully there's more to come.

Jamie Williamson whose progress seemed to have stalled, joined Greg in the 18m club after improving his 5 year old 17.77 PB by 40cm.

20 yo Michael Wheeler who was an outstanding youth, but also left athletics for a while shattered his PB by 89cm to go over 17 for the first time with 17.08. Sounds like he's also right back on track.

Well done all!
Ursus
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 1:21 pm
Location: Surrey

Re: General results thread - July 2012

Postby tucker » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:08 pm

Ursus wrote:While on the subject of BAL, some pleasing domestic level shot developments:

Greg Beard who has occasionally posted here as Tucker cemented his return to the sport with an 18.14 PB. He has come a long way in a short time, so hopefully there's more to come.

Jamie Williamson whose progress seemed to have stalled, joined Greg in the 18m club after improving his 5 year old 17.77 PB by 40cm.

20 yo Michael Wheeler who was an outstanding youth, but also left athletics for a while shattered his PB by 89cm to go over 17 for the first time with 17.08. Sounds like he's also right back on track.

Well done all!
tucker
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: General results thread - July 2012

Postby tucker » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:14 pm

Thanks for the support on my recent pb i said just over a year ago that it would not be long before a pb was on the cards i was hopeing for it last year but unfortunatly had a bad groin strain and problems with throwing hand which set me back 3 months. i recently picked up a disc problem in my back which ive looked after carefully and i am still having some problems so to throw a pb of an injury and little training in 3 weeks im very pleased. i would like to get up to mid to high 18m throws so i can set my self up for next year. Just to add one more thing their are now 5 throwers over 18m and 1 over 20m which is looking great for next year as im sure those 18m throws can be at least turned into 19m with the right training.
tucker
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: General results thread - July 2012

Postby Ursus » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:21 pm

mump boy wrote:
trevorp wrote:In the Belarus Championships:
wSP Ostapchuk 21.39WL
wLJ Nastassia Mironchyk-Ivanova 7.22w (+4.3), legal 7.01 (+2.0)

http://www.athletics.by/contest/bydate/ ... comp_id=89


as usual in BLR, she has never thrown near anywhere near outside


Mump?
Ursus
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 1:21 pm
Location: Surrey

Previous

Return to Current events (Legacy Only)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests

cron

 

Athletics Weekly Limited © 2010. Terms of use

Design by The Church of London