I didn't say whether I agreed with their decision, although I can see why you might infer that I did.
Like everyone else, I've thought long and hard about what I might have done in their position.
I would have wanted Jenny Meadows in London above all else. But she is badly injured, and she knows it as well as anyone.If she had been able to reassure CVC that she would be fit in 2 or 3 weeks time I bet the decision would have been different. But my guess is she told him how it was, and bang went any hope for her.She has integrity, and is a wonderful example to all.
Similarly Jackson was probably unable to offer realistic assurances about her fitness.
So that leaves Simpson, Okoro and Sharp, all who were in full health at the trials.Simpson has no great pedigree at Champs to warrant being selected over Sharp, and Sharp has beaten her the last two occasions they met...and quite convincingly in Helsinki.
So that just leaves Maz and Lynsey. If you have one , you can't have the other. Not an easy decision, imo.
Lottery money doesn't really come into it. Who would I have picked, based on this scenario?......Sharp.
Edit... and will she get top 8? Maybe , but unlikely. And I would say exactly the same about Maz, had she got the nod.