Athletics Weekly

Another one moved to where they need to be

This forum has been closed and continues at http://www.athleticsweekly.com/forums/f ... nt-events/

Another one moved to where they need to be

Postby benn » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:04 pm

Seen on fb that James Cambell is on his way to "where he needs to be" that is Loughborough :roll: sure he wont be the last that is to be cajoled into the move :wink:
benn

Re: Another one moved to where they need to be

Postby javman » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:13 pm

How do you know he was cajoled?
javman

Postby benn » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:54 pm

Maybe he wasn't cajoled ,maybe like brett he decided to leave the coach that had taken him on an upward trend :roll: Funny how he was told he was going to be on funding then was told because of his injury he was no longer funded :wink:
benn

Postby javman » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:03 pm

How do you know he has left his coach? You don't, so pointless speculation in using James to vent any form of anti UKA rhetoric is a bit poor!

Maybe there are a multitude of other factors at play, and I can garauntee that you will not be aware of them. Don't try and link in Brett with this one as there is little similarity.
javman

Postby jjimbojames » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:06 pm

A dyslexic pupil might make huge progress with one teacher, but it doesn't mean that they should stick with that same teacher through GCSEs, A Levels and a degree - that teacher might well be exceptional at getting pupils to a certain level, but doesn't have the required skills/experience to take them all the way. The fact they helped at a starting point shouldn't mean an obligation to only work with that same coach, IMO.

As my athletes have gone on to bigger and better things I have simply been happy to see them progress under better qualified coaches, though have remained as a 'mentor-figure' for several over the years, which I'm more than happy to do
jjimbojames

Postby BigGut » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:37 pm

Is Brett now at Loughborough? No, he isn't. I just don't get where this idea that everyone is being forced to Loughborough comes from, if you look at the UK team or funded athletes the truth just doesn't match up to this proposition. Loughborough has the best facilities in the country and there are several full time coaches there. It isn't surprising that SOME athletes may choose to locate there, surely it really is that simple.
BigGut

Postby javman » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:08 am

BigGut wrote:Is Brett now at Loughborough? No, he isn't. I just don't get where this idea that everyone is being forced to Loughborough comes from, if you look at the UK team or funded athletes the truth just doesn't match up to this proposition. Loughborough has the best facilities in the country and there are several full time coaches there. It isn't surprising that SOME athletes may choose to locate there, surely it really is that simple.

Completely agree there BG. Remember that James has recently hada shoulder op so access to excellent med facilities could have swayed. He also has the chance to now train with a group of hardworking jav throwers in some great facilities. I am sure that Mick will still be his coach, and knowing ESA he is not one to poach athletes.

After all it is Olympic year on home soil so athletes need to do what is right for them.
javman

Return to Current events (Legacy Only)