Athletics Weekly

Blake will beat Bolt in London...

News, reports and results from the UK and the rest of the world

Blake will beat Bolt in London...

Postby shivfan » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:31 pm

...says Maurice Greene.
8)
"If everybody competes like they did this year, I'd say Yohan Blake is going to win," Greene told BBC Radio 5 live. "He's the world champion so his confidence is getting higher and higher all the time. Remember they train together and the way it sounds to me, he [Blake] seems to be the dominant person in the 100m in their training group. So everyday they are training together, his confidence is getting bigger and bigger. When they come to the Games, if Usain is still having those problems, Blake's confidence level will be through the roof and he's going to be hard to handle. Usain has trouble in close races. If you think about the close races he's had, he's lost [them]."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/16109229.stm
shivfan

Re: Blake will beat Bolt in London...

Postby Laps » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:47 pm

Those are big Ifs.

But for anyone who truly believes in Blake there is 11/2 available with three bookmakers.
Bolt is around 2/1 on.
Laps

Postby Ursus » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:17 pm

That would be the same Greene who predicted that MLF would be the Olympic individual 100m gold medallist.
Ursus

Postby SteveK26 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:00 am

To be fair, Ursus, that particular prediction regarding MLF would have been made a good few years ago.
I seem to remember Donovan Bailey made the same prediction,(5 or 6 years ago), and even offered to coach MLF to boot.

Its not impossible for Blake to beat Bolt, and the 100 metres would seem to me to be Bolt's most vulnerable event.
(doubt very much that anyone will get close to him in the 200.)
SteveK26

Return to Current events