Athletics Weekly

Search found 79 matches

Return to advanced search

Alexm wrote:
Jon wrote:And where did PJ get the quotes from? L'Equipe.


Yes, and you got the quote from him. Probably better to quote your source more accurately, afterall, if Pierre jean had made a mistake you'd look a bit silly.


Alexm, you're awfully confrontational. I just don't understand.
by bekeselassie
Thu May 25, 2006 11:05 am
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: Gatlin "equals" the world 100m record!
Replies: 19
Views: 4919

My view is that a moderator, or anyone that is employed by the magazine, should refrain from posting personal opinions, and most definately not get into p*ssing matches, which has happened on numerous topics in these forums. AGAIN people, your opinion doesn't count! This is not YOUR house. Don't li...
by bekeselassie
Thu May 25, 2006 11:02 am
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: Freedom of communication ?
Replies: 24
Views: 6837

Re: AW publication date

ronnie rhino wrote:For once, I welcome Jon's input.

Mike Welford


This, ladies and gentleman, is what we call a contradiction.
by bekeselassie
Thu May 25, 2006 12:44 am
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: AW publication date
Replies: 12
Views: 2759

So if someone came into your house, I guess they could do or say whatever they wanted without fear of reprisal? And if you told them, "Hey, not in my house," then it would be totally okay with you if they started on a rant about how your rules were unfair, your neighbors don't do that, etc.? Jeez, I...
by bekeselassie
Thu May 25, 2006 12:42 am
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: Freedom of communication ?
Replies: 24
Views: 6837

Re: Long haul flight to Marrakesh ?

PS I thought Administrators just refereed forums, and didn't actively berate opposing views. I await my wingbat 8) Two problems with this post. First, you've set an unreasonable and wrong expectation of board administrators. Jon is a writer for the magazine for goodness sakes! I don't want him to b...
by bekeselassie
Wed May 24, 2006 2:40 am
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: Athletics Athletics, Amateur Amateur, Athletics.
Replies: 119
Views: 31697

The fact she chose europeans showed that she was scared of the africans Poor, poor logic. I thought you were concerned about her. But now you want to make unfounded, juvenile statements like this about her on a public message board? Right. And the fact that I'm posting here is because I'm afraid of...
by bekeselassie
Tue May 23, 2006 8:37 pm
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: Athletics Athletics, Amateur Amateur, Athletics.
Replies: 119
Views: 31697

Re: Athletics Athletics, Amateur Amateur, Athletics.

An event taken from another sport which was for participants that had failed to make the grade or were past their best. Oh yeah, like that slouch Moses Kiptanui. Or that nobody Henry Rono. And Said Shaheen (Stephen Cherono)? Clearly can't run anything else. :roll: Albert's response to this post mak...
by bekeselassie
Mon May 22, 2006 10:58 pm
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: Athletics Athletics, Amateur Amateur, Athletics.
Replies: 119
Views: 31697

"You say Bekele did 12:34 and Wariner ran 43.06 last night? Fine, that sounds good in theory, but of course we won't say or publish a thing for a full week, because who knows if it's really true or not? Yeah, that's exactly the same thing that happened here. :roll: You athletics people aren't all t...
by bekeselassie
Mon May 22, 2006 2:18 am
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: Gatlin "equals" the world 100m record!
Replies: 19
Views: 4919

Re: Athletics Athletics, Amateur Amateur, Athletics.

Albert wrote:An event taken from another sport which was for participants that had failed to make the grade or were past their best.


Oh yeah, like that slouch Moses Kiptanui. Or that nobody Henry Rono. And Said Shaheen (Stephen Cherono)? Clearly can't run anything else. :roll:
by bekeselassie
Mon May 22, 2006 2:05 am
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: Athletics Athletics, Amateur Amateur, Athletics.
Replies: 119
Views: 31697

Great photo. Too many words! Too busy! :P :wink:
by bekeselassie
Mon May 22, 2006 2:02 am
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: Gatlin "equals" the world 100m record!
Replies: 19
Views: 4919

I'm gonna guess that if the magazine comes out every Thursday (I think that's it?) that there wasn't time to get it in the current issue since the news wasn't out until Tuesday I think.
by bekeselassie
Sat May 20, 2006 9:04 pm
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: Gatlin "equals" the world 100m record!
Replies: 19
Views: 4919

Nah, I thought they just wanted to look at it for bragging rights.
by bekeselassie
Wed May 17, 2006 10:15 pm
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: Gatlin "equals" the world 100m record!
Replies: 19
Views: 4919

They're bumping everyone except the fifth placer back by .01, Gatlin's camp wants to look at Powell's finish photo . . .

This is getting fun! :lol:
by bekeselassie
Wed May 17, 2006 8:27 pm
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: Gatlin "equals" the world 100m record!
Replies: 19
Views: 4919

Depends on what is meant by "play nicely". I think what Jon has in mind here by "play nicely" is that we all may disagree and have respectful arguments. We may correct the "facts" given by others and refute their viewpoints. But we may not be condescending and reduce a sports discussion to personal ...
by bekeselassie
Sun May 14, 2006 3:04 am
 
Forum: Off track
Topic: James Montgomery banned
Replies: 5
Views: 2574

In case everyone doesn't know, you can watch the race for free on wcsn.com.
by bekeselassie
Sat May 13, 2006 8:47 pm
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: Gatlin's not too bad is he!
Replies: 14
Views: 2659

kima wrote:
bekeselassie wrote:Easy now! He could have dropped it in the toilet. 8)



:shock: :shock:

Way to put a positive spin on it bekky! :wink:


How did I miss this post for nine days? Anyway, can we please not call me bekky? But if I named :wink: my daughter that, that's how I'd spell it.
by bekeselassie
Fri May 12, 2006 10:39 pm
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: The AW Cover is Too cluttered
Replies: 33
Views: 6061

diddymandan wrote:i dont believe a human being has ever run under 10seconds by simply eating his greens :wink:


Great. Another one.
by bekeselassie
Fri May 12, 2006 10:36 pm
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: Gatlin's not too bad is he!
Replies: 14
Views: 2659

Thanks for educating me a little, guys! :D Very interesting.
by bekeselassie
Tue May 09, 2006 9:14 am
 
Forum: Off track
Topic: What to call United Kingdomish people?
Replies: 12
Views: 4162

It would seem to me that it's the cumulative effect of James' posts that got him banned - not any specific comments. Frankly, agree or disagree, we've no right to complain about it. And listen guys, I've had many posts of mine zapped from another message board I regularly participate in. And while I...
by bekeselassie
Mon May 08, 2006 6:54 pm
 
Forum: Off track
Topic: James Montgomery banned
Replies: 5
Views: 2574

What to call United Kingdomish people?

On another board a few posters have taken exception to being called USAnians, and they insist on the term American, even though technically everyone in North & South America could rightly be called Americans. But in practice only those of us in the United States are called that. Personally, I lo...
by bekeselassie
Mon May 08, 2006 10:08 am
 
Forum: Off track
Topic: What to call United Kingdomish people?
Replies: 12
Views: 4162

Aaah, so that's how you Brits do it! :x
by bekeselassie
Mon May 08, 2006 10:01 am
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: Ladejo out of retirement again
Replies: 5
Views: 968

Re: Ladejo out of retirement again

Jon wrote: it's definitely time to stick a fork in him.


Just because he can't compete at the world-class level?!?! :o

How can you propose such a thing publicly? How bad will you feel Jon if tomorrow's headlines read "Ladejo Stabbed By Frustrated Fan"? :shock:
by bekeselassie
Mon May 08, 2006 9:47 am
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: Ladejo out of retirement again
Replies: 5
Views: 968

Thanks, Mike! Especially us Americans, we appreciate watching that! :wink: Never get to watch track. :(
by bekeselassie
Sun May 07, 2006 10:34 pm
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: Gatlin 9.95 in Osaka!
Replies: 14
Views: 3696

Well, okay.

Powell just ran a 9.95 in Jamaica!
by bekeselassie
Sun May 07, 2006 3:07 am
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: Gatlin 9.95 in Osaka!
Replies: 14
Views: 3696

kima wrote:WR at the Pre?????

maybe if the weather cooperates. 8) 8) :D


Powell would be upset he didn't run it then, huh?
by bekeselassie
Sun May 07, 2006 12:16 am
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: Gatlin 9.95 in Osaka!
Replies: 14
Views: 3696

james montgomery wrote:To get the political section open again (and annoy people like you who have nothing better to do than make snide comments)


So you think you're going to bully the political section back open? I'm just asking. Is that the plan?
by bekeselassie
Sat May 06, 2006 5:16 pm
 
Forum: Off track
Topic: Political section closed for no fair reason
Replies: 18
Views: 7098

Gatlin 9.95 in Osaka!

by bekeselassie
Sat May 06, 2006 1:56 pm
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: Gatlin 9.95 in Osaka!
Replies: 14
Views: 3696

Simply amazing.
by bekeselassie
Fri May 05, 2006 2:52 pm
 
Forum: Off track
Topic: Non athletics quotes
Replies: 14
Views: 3920

Uh-huh.

Your non-athletic sayings were . . . ?
by bekeselassie
Fri May 05, 2006 12:33 pm
 
Forum: Off track
Topic: Non athletics quotes
Replies: 14
Views: 3920

bekeselassie wrote:I'm rubber and you're glue!
Whatever you say
Bounces off of me
And sticks to you! 8)


No response? I take it then that I'm right? :P
by bekeselassie
Fri May 05, 2006 2:59 am
 
Forum: Current events
Topic: Does? IS? What? Who? When?
Replies: 24
Views: 3531
Next

Return to advanced search

 

Athletics Weekly Limited © 2010. Terms of use

Design by The Church of London