Athletics Weekly | Ojie Edoburun - Athletics Weekly

Ojie Edoburun

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of laps Laps 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of occasionalhope
    OccasionalHope
    Participant

Hs has a very interesting article on his new blog about issues facing athletes trying to progress from junior to senior success.

https://medium.com/@ojieedoburun

Profile photo of carterhatch
    carterhatch
    Participant

A very well considered and written article. It suggests a deep thinking, articulate and intelligent young man and if he doesn’t succeed in his chosen events, though I believe he has great potential, he might find other doors open for him very readily if he continues with this kind of analysis…

Profile photo of stevek26
    SteveK26
    Participant

Thanks for posting the article, Occasional Hope.

I agree with Carterhatch that OJ makes some valid observations, and certainly has his head screwed on.

The one thing that stood out to me was the need to be insular. Great athletes like Coe , Ovett, Cram, Thompson, etc etc very much did things their own way. They had their own micro team around them, made their own plans and executed them.

Particularly with sprinters almost forced into ‘Centre of Excellence’ training groups I can see how they can lose their own individual perspective and way of doing things. One ‘fix-all’ method will not suit everybody.

(I’m probably talking out of my backside)……

Profile photo of stevek26
    SteveK26
    Participant

Great start indoors for OJ. 6-61 and 6-58 on the same day at Lee Valley.
    He might dethrone Richard Kilty indoors this year.

Profile photo of laps
    Laps
    Participant

Certainly promising for the 100m.

Kilty seems on normal sort of schedule with Dusseldorf and Madrid next week.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Product Reviews View All
Don't Miss
Videos
AW Offers