Athletics Weekly | Long/triple jump at Anni Games next year - Athletics Weekly

Long/triple jump at Anni Games next year

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of marcus Marcus 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of goonervic
    goonervic
    Participant

Hi,

Can anyone advise which pits will be used for the above?
    Normally sit behind high jump/discus circle but considering a change as my little boy loves the long/triple.
    Can’t remember which of the finish straight pits were used for which this year (and they seem to use back straight pit for Worlds/Olympics).
    Thanks,
    Vicky

Profile photo of marcus
    Marcus
    Participant

Good question, and one I would be interested to know the answer to as well.

I sent a moany email to BA about the long jump recently because last year the pits were on the home straight because the seating hadn’t been moved back, and this year (despite the map showing them on the back straight), some Einstein had set up pyrotechnics on the runway. It’s a shame special effects take priority over athletics, but I digress.

Like your son I’m a big Long Jump fan, and without that taking place on the back straight I found the atmosphere really flat and there weren’t any field events I could easily follow without binoculars.

Regarding which pit was used this year, it was on the home straight, the one closest to the infield and they were running in the direction from the finish line towards the start of the home straight.

Needless to say British Athletics never replied to my email.

goonervic
    Participant

Thanks for the info re location this/last year. Its so frustrating, am torn between ordering now (with early bird 20% discount) or waiting and ordering through BASC – neither of which will give me a block/row option anyway! Just a price category :-(

Profile photo of marcus
    Marcus
    Participant

Yes, exactly, I have the same problem – got an email today saying ‘hurry up and book’.

I forgot to mention in my earlier reply, but this year I actually gave up on my seat. I walked around the concourse to the home straight and just stood in between the two tiers and watched from there. Now and again marshalls would shoo people on, but I just moved a block-or-so down out the way and that kept them happy!

goonervic
    Participant

Funny – I did the same at the Worlds, saw a medal ceremony and the women high jump final from that position!
    Booked Gold seats today, so will have to wait and see what happens…..

Profile photo of marcus
    Marcus
    Participant

Fingers crossed. Maybe call in the month running up to it to check the position of the long jump pit and complain if it’s too far away.

What I loved about the Worlds was that if you set on your profile what event(s) you were most interested in, they would try and put you closest to that event. I watched all four heptathlon sessions and had perfect seats for them all (albeit in the nosebleed section when Bolt ran.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Product Reviews View All
Don't Miss
Videos
AW Offers