Athletics Weekly | London DL - Athletics Weekly

London DL

Tagged: 

This topic contains 253 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of stevek26 SteveK26 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 254 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of alfie
    Alfie
    Participant

Well, from a fan who doesn’t have satellite/cable. I’m glad it’s not.

I don’t think Rooney will be going to Beijing.

Certainly a very disappointing run. Surely he’s better than that ? But if he goes for the relay anyway…

Profile photo of robo2
    robo2
    Participant

sharp lowers her seasons best once again

Profile photo of ldnbloke
    ldnbloke
    Participant

Goldie Q

Profile photo of wotguvnotmeguv
    wotguvnotmeguv
    Participant

3 failures for Rutherford. AW Twitter said he exited the competition as a result but clearly not the case – he’s taken a fourth and got 8.12.

Profile photo of iain
    Iain
    Participant

Rimmer and Langford both under 1:46

Profile photo of shivfan
    shivfan
    Participant

Jamaica’s Elaine Thompson clocked 22.10 to win the women’s 200m, leaving American great hope Torri Bowie (22.32) trailing in her wake.

It looks like ET is in with a pretty good shot for a medal in the World Champs.

Profile photo of occasionalhope
    OccasionalHope
    Participant

Elaine Thompson looked very impressive.

Profile photo of alfie
    Alfie
    Participant

Good. Though Vicault nearly spoiled the party…

They go faster with a better last change . Encouraging

Profile photo of justrunfast
    justrunfast
    Participant

Quick running from Elaine Thompson in the 200m, would like to see Jodie get a spot 200m as I reckon DAS might opt for the 100 in Beijing the three brits were awful to say the least!

Profile photo of iain
    Iain
    Participant

Quick running from Elaine Thompson in the 200m, would like to see Jodie get a spot 200m as I reckon DAS might opt for the 100 in Beijing the three brits were awful to say the least!

Adeoye was .07 off her SB, Jess did as well as you’d expect. So bar Bianca (who had, in fairness, run the 100m heats earlier) not awful.
    Adeoye should really move up.

Profile photo of alfie
    Alfie
    Participant

Weird tactics in the mile but no doubt about the winner …Kiprop just way too good.

justrunfast
    Participant

Adeoye was .07 off her SB, Jess did as well as you’d expect. So bar Bianca (who had, in fairness, run the 100m heats earlier) not awful.
    Adeoye should really move up.

I expected a little more from all to be honest I don’t think people realise how rapid the olympic track is its hard not to run a SB there

justrunfast
    Participant

Good running from DAS today 11.06 and 10.99

Profile photo of trickstat
    trickstat
    Participant

Kyle Langford – fastest 800m by a British junior for 29 years.

Schippers’ finish shows how dangerous she could be in the Beijing 200m in particular.

Profile photo of alfie
    Alfie
    Participant

And a great finish for Schippers to round off the two days…

Thought DAS had a chance at about 70″. Never mind : under 11 and a national record earlier on is enough for one day !

Profile photo of iain
    Iain
    Participant

11.06, 0.04 outside her previous SB. What crap, it should be easy to get an SB here. Proportionately further out than Adeoye.

:scratch:

justrunfast
    Participant

11.06, 0.04 outside her previous SB. What crap, it should be easy to get an SB here. Proportionately further out than Adeoye.

:scratch:

After 10.99 common sense? :)

awful sarcasm doh!!

justrunfast
    Participant

Stop looking at stats and look at performances 10.99 and 22.99 aren’t equivalent worlds apart. Margaret ran 22.92 in April!! 22.99 in July???!?!? yh fantastic.

22.9 in Beijing and watch her get ripped to shreds on this thread

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of justrunfast justrunfast.
    Profile photo of shivfan
    shivfan
    Participant

It’s beyond me why the BBC think we would be more interested in an interview with Seb Coe, rather than watch the men’s long jump, is beyond me….

This is just another reason why I prefer Eurosport’s coverage, and why I’m pleased Eurosport have most of the Diamond League.

Profile photo of

Schippers looks very good. She also ran a very fast 200 in Monaco. I see her as a definite medal contender, but won’t be able to beat Shelly Ann in 100 or Felix in 200

Profile photo of charliebrad93
    Charliebrad93
    Participant

Jess’ Gotzis results plus her SBs from London would give a heptathlon score of 6692.

Profile photo of dpickup
    dpickup
    Participant

Watched Ldn’s M 800 & M 1500
    28 days to Beijing
    How can Rudisha win. How can Kiprop not win.

Rudisha is of this world with his clean focusing, after-smiles, warmth, if though sometimes ‘fierce’ lion look when not wanting to lose. We’ve admired his 3rd part of the race bravery – and the 1.40.91 OLY gold it has bought him. He has 28 days to turn things round and beat the thrashing Amos.

Asbel ( means ‘determined’) Kiprop: near to a 1500 WR in Monaco just 8 days ago, but what was he up to in London (‘having a rest’ one is prompted to say). In the race a show of intent and then a knock or something and fell back to the back of the field, and then up front again, challenged by ‘all the field’, all being so close with the easy pace, and and then his ‘envy of cat-walk models’ thighs and pin calves propelled him away from the field so very, very, very easily. And so much of his running looks so slow-striding easy in any case. Is it right to say the very select few are very specially endowed with talent; he is.

He is from W Kenya plateau country, remote, grazing land, and is there a remoteness in his look? Not inscrutable but there are mental inner quiet, deep strength sources you feel he can draw upon. Physically he does flow beautifully too. A very rare talent, but how much does he realise that he is …

Profile photo of damienc
    damienc
    Participant

Anyone know what the 1500m splits were in the mile?

Profile photo of sidelined
    sidelined
    Participant

Damienc – no sign of those splits on the IAAF results site.

Dpickup, it is indeed strange to see Rudisha’s long, magesterial stride ineffective against Amos, flailing about with his head on one side. How fast would Amos go if he improved his form?

Ursus, your personal attack on Tiffany Porter and her sister was really unpleasant and completely uncalled-for. Complaining about a woman’s hair, teeth and makeup is so Daily Mail – the kind of thing that gets highlighted on the Everyday Sexism site. Try judging them on how the run, for goodness sake.

Profile photo of sportmanager
    sportmanager
    Participant

A good DL and well attended seeing it was over two days and one of the best DL’s of the season,
    Many positives
    2 Uk records, Ujah 100m, Hughes 200, 800m 3rd junior all time, Mo, Mens LJ, grabarz returnig to form, mens hammer (uk rec), 4×100 relay and 400m runners showin encouraging times, morse discus
    Women goldie back, hitchon, hept LJ, hj (UK REc) Dasha, 100h 400h, 800m 1500m relays – junior teams seem to be doing OK

Negatives many sprinters stag nating and regressing and not showing form happy with relays eg HAA pleased as punch with 38.33 and showing poor form individually – lots of injuries or poor form overall and some events very poor.

I think that athletics is in good health and we seem to have some good athletes in most events. :yahoo:

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 254 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Product Reviews View All
Don't Miss
Videos
AW Offers