Athletics Weekly | Faltering Friday - Athletics Weekly

Faltering Friday

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of treadwater1 treadwater1 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of oldboy2
    oldboy2
    Participant

If Super Saturday is the memory from 2012 then I suppose Day 1 of the athletics programme could be described as Faltering Friday. Greg and Laura W scraped into the next round; K J-T had a poor shot put and Rooney was eliminated. Three of them can redeem themselves today, but Rooney has paid the price for idling down the back straight or am I being too hard on him.

Profile photo of stevek26
    SteveK26
    Participant

I don’t think you are being too hard on Rooney, he said much worse about himself!! Running so late at night probably didn’t help.

Not necessarily a disaster though, he was never going to make the final.

This seems a very slow track.

On the plus side I was (again) very impressed with Desiree Henry. She might just make the final?

Profile photo of treadwater1
    treadwater1
    Participant

Interesting comments on the slow track in this and others threads. It’s the same surface as the London track where Harrison just set the WR and of course Ayana’s exploits yesterday. I thought the HJ were getting a lot back from a very firm surface yesterday. I think the problem may be the fact that session started so late, I noticed a lot of the LJers wearing coats between jumps. My guess is that we’ll see very quick times in the morning sessions and slowers ones in the evening sessions, relatively speaking.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Product Reviews View All
Don't Miss
Videos
AW Offers