Athletics Weekly | 2018 UK Indoor Trials - Athletics Weekly

2018 UK Indoor Trials

This topic contains 42 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of philipo philipo 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of treadwater1
    treadwater1
    Participant

The start lists aren’t available yet but the the list of entrants is on the BA website.

I think there’s some pretty good head-to-heads in the offing. Particularly the men’s 1500 where Grice, O’Hare and Wightman all have the standard. I think Edoburun could get the better of Kilty in the 60, Ujah the favourite, currently ranked 6th in the world. There’s no Lansiquot in the women’s 60 despite running (extremely well) last night and not being in the CWG squad.

Langford and McDonald picked up niggles so won’t be there. Pozzi is back after missing Düsseldorf.

I’m not entirely sure what the selectors will do when it comes to the women’s 1500. I suppose it depends if anyone runs the standard this weekend and whether McDonald comes back into the reckoning. If there is a second berth available they might consider offering it to Muir. I’d say her chances are better in the 15 due to the absence of Kipyegon and probably Semenya

http://extranet.britishathletics.org.uk/timetable/Index/158

Profile photo of nickp3445
    Nickp3445
    Participant

Lansiquot was down to do BUCS, though I guess she won’t be doing that after her run (and PB) last night either.

Profile photo of luckyspikes
    LuckySpikes
    Participant

I’m not entirely sure what the selectors will do when it comes to the women’s 1500. I suppose it depends if anyone runs the standard this weekend and whether McDonald comes back into the reckoning. If there is a second berth available they might consider offering it to Muir. I’d say her chances are better in the 15 due to the absence of Kipyegon and probably Semenya

I’d say it could be dependent on Muir & McColgan’s intentions for Worlds. In addition to McDonald, Katie Snowden also has the standard but I don’t see the final being quick enough for anyone else to get it (Hannah England was 0.25s outside it last weekend.)

Profile photo of carterhatch
    carterhatch
    Participant

I did start a thread for this but happy to defer to this one…

it is reported that Holly Bradshaw has withdrawn through injury …

Profile photo of myrw
    Myrw
    Participant

The start lists aren’t available yet but the the list of entrants is on the BA website

simple logic required here, you cannot have start lists until the athletes actually report on the day of the event! People here would kick off big time if heats were unbalanced by no shows… As it is later arrivals may be taking pot luck

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by Profile photo of myrw myrw. Reason: spelling error
    Profile photo of jjimbojames
    jjimbojames
    Participant

They’re normally out a day before – they certainly won’t wait until the day, as too much going on to wait until then. Heats need to be drawn and published, not only for the athletes to know timings, but also for media etc – even for eg English Schools’ Champs that will be the case

Profile photo of carterhatch
    carterhatch
    Participant

morning all…

I’m sat in front of the laptop watching the start of the coverage – thank you British Athletics …

So with only one individual, the winner, selected, if they have the qualifying time, for the World Indoors, does someone know if DASHER is not available for selection or she has been given the nod and wink, no matter what happens here, for selection…

LuckySpikes
    Participant

Sadly Steph Twell is out with illness.

Why don’t they enforce the rule about wearing your club kit at British championships? I think it’s a shame that some international athletes don’t support their club by donning the vest.

PS Does anyone know the link to the live results page (if there is one!) ?

LuckySpikes
    Participant

PS Does anyone know the link to the live results page (if there is one!) ?

Never mind. In their infinite wisdom they’ve put it on the old UKA website – http://www.uka.org.uk/results/20180217_birmingham/timetable/index/index.html

Profile photo of treadwater1
    treadwater1
    Participant

Jess Judd is out of the 3000 aswell.

Carter as far as I know Dina doesn’t intend to compete at the WIC, disappointing but somewhat understandably considering last years injury

LuckySpikes
    Participant

No Lynsey Sharp and Chris O’Hare reportedly not starting either. The mid-distance events taking a bit of a hit this weekend!

LuckySpikes
    Participant

Charles da’Vall Grice?? What’s that all about then?

Profile photo of occasionalhope
    OccasionalHope
    Participant

Charles da’Vall Grice?? What’s that all about then?

I don’t know, but there is a mortgage broker in Oxford called Da Vall Grice: https://oxford.cylex-uk.co.uk/company/da-vall-grice-18708188.html

OccasionalHope
    Participant

Molly Caudery’s title the only real surprise so far.

LuckySpikes
    Participant

I don’t know, but there is a mortgage broker in Oxford called Da Vall Grice: https://oxford.cylex-uk.co.uk/company/da-vall-grice-18708188.html

It gets worse! Starting some research on Google I saw that it’s actually Charles Da’Vall Grice-Cardew!!

OccasionalHope
    Participant

Apparently Charlie’s real full name is even longer:

http://www.bizstats.co.uk/ltd/affinity-altitude-ltd-09822487/

(Double posting with Luckyspikes)

OccasionalHope
    Participant

Nice breakthrough for Megan Marrs.

OccasionalHope
    Participant

An awful lot of FS today.

OccasionalHope
    Participant

Great run by Laura.

LuckySpikes
    Participant

1:32.4 for Laura’s last 600.

Profile photo of jjimbojames
    jjimbojames
    Participant

6.71 for KJT (3rd in the world), to go with her 1.93 HJ a few days ago.

Wish she was doing the hurdles and shot, though. To be honest, the standard of the 800m heats would also be quite good to get a feel for pace

McColgan has a tough day planned. Wonder whether she feels she has an equal chance in both or just wants a workout

Profile photo of trickstat
    trickstat
    Participant

Why don’t they enforce the rule about wearing your club kit at British championships? I think it’s a shame that some international athletes don’t support their club by donning the vest.

The rule is that you must wear your club vest or a national, regional or county vest*. It does seem to me that the current internationals are expected to wear their GB kit. Personally I would rather see 2 or 3 athletes battling it out in different club vests rather than identical national ones.

*It must be a vest that you have ‘earnt’ – you can’t wear your mate’s GB vest if your not a GB international, for example.

Profile photo of sprintdude
    Sprintdude
    Participant

The rule is that you must wear your club vest or a national, regional or county vest*. It does seem to me that the current internationals are expected to wear their GB kit. Personally I would rather see 2 or 3 athletes battling it out in different club vests rather than identical national ones.

*It must be a vest that you have ‘earnt’ – you can’t wear your mate’s GB vest if your not a GB international, for example.

I have been told,although I can’t confirm, that Nike sponsered athletes have to wear international kit if they have it because it has their logo on.

LuckySpikes
    Participant

Ah, ok. Thanks. I thought it was just your club, county or regional vests that were officially allowed.

Watching a bit of the German Championships before the British action started today, they all wear their club vests, even those who are internationals.

LuckySpikes
    Participant

My dark horse picks for today – Mhairi Hendry in the 800 and Stacey Smith in the 1500.

I think at least one of them will win a title today (and possibly pick up a Worlds standard too.)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Product Reviews View All
Don't Miss
Videos
AW Offers