Athletics Weekly | 2018 ... thoughts - Athletics Weekly

2018 … thoughts

This topic contains 127 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of foxyjarvis foxyjarvis 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 126 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jjimbojames

Agreed – but she’s improved her LJ by nearly 30cms from the date of that shot competition, which makes me think (hope?!?) she was competing through a training block and may well be a fair bit better by WIC. She’s ahead of last year in LJ and Hurdles and HJ is great – so fingers crossed…

Profile photo of stevek26

Trevor and Jimbo

I have no expectations with regard to Kats ‘ball and chain’ events. I’d settle for a shade over 13 metres in the shot.
    Provided she didn’t blow out in any of her very strong events, a 13 shot and a 42 jave might get her on a global podium. But it will never be good enough to beat Thiam unless Thiam has a ‘shocker’ somewhere.

I just think Kat has so many talents I don’t want to see her fishing for a bronze. There are bigger rewards on offer, surely?
    I thought she looked very well conditioned, the best I’ve ever seen her look, actually.

Profile photo of foxyjarvis

KJT set a 6691 pb last year which was promising after just 5 months in her new set up. 6800 is on the cards but if she is going to challenge Thiam, she is going to have to start jumping 7 metres in the LJ. Jumping 6.50 in Gotzis and London last year is just not good enough.

Viewing 3 posts - 126 through 128 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Product Reviews View All
Don't Miss
AW Offers