Athletics Weekly | 2018 CG Prediction Game - Predict the British medallists - Athletics Weekly

2018 CG Prediction Game – Predict the British medallists

This topic contains 56 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of stevek26 SteveK26 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 51 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of luckyspikes
    LuckySpikes
    Participant

Strong finish by Philipo to take the Gold! Silver for Laps and Bronze for LadyLoz. Well done!

Long time leader, MBchristie, was run out of the medals in the home straight.

1. Philipo: + 14 – 9 = 5
    2. Laps: + 12 – 10 = 2
    3. LadyLoz: + 16 – 15 = 1
    4. MBchristie: + 15 – 15 = 0
    5. PeterWill: + 14 – 15 = -1
    6. OccasionalHope: + 12 – 14 = -2
    7. LuckySpikes: + 10 – 14 = -4
    7. Rodders45: + 14 – 18 = -4
    9. Longstrider: + 11 – 16 = -5
    9. Robo2: + 15 – 20 = -5
    11. Hayden: + 9 – 15 = -6
    12. Treadwater1: + 13 – 21 = -8

Thanks for playing everyone! Hope you enjoyed it (despite the frustrations about medals that went begging!) and I hope you’ll play again come the Europeans in August. Given (historically) the chances of a lot fewer British medals in the EC, it might be wise to go with a different prediction game.

Profile photo of laps
    Laps
    Participant

Congratulations Philipo !!
    Clear winner.

Many thanks for the competition Luckyspikes. A salutary lesson in the unpredictability of sport.
    As if we needed reminding again with poor Callum Hawkins this morning.

It’s a good format. The simplicity encourages participation, but it still makes you think.

• This reply was modified 4 months ago by Profile photo of laps laps.
    Profile photo of philipo
    philipo
    Participant

Thanks posters and particularly thanks to Lucky for putting in the work. Great fun, but as Laps said unpredictability is the name of the game.
    Great effort by Callum but how come it was 30 c when any part of the Marathon was being run.
    Next year in Doha lets hope the Marathon is run at some ungodly hour of the day or night.

Profile photo of occasionalhope
    OccasionalHope
    Participant

Doha conditions are going to be awful.

Profile photo of stevek26
    SteveK26
    Participant

LuckySpikes
    Really disappointed I couldn’t enter.
    Well done to Philipo.

I think perhaps the fact that only three people got positive scores is a reflection on how our athletes performed.

Profile photo of occasionalhope
    OccasionalHope
    Participant

Steve, you can claim you would have won ;)

I was definitely a bit over optimistic with some of my picks, but others were the result of under performance by the athlete.

Profile photo of stevek26
    SteveK26
    Participant

Steve, you can claim you would have won ;)

I was definitely a bit over optimistic with some of my picks, but others were the result of under performance by the athlete.

Being a ‘flag-waver’, and wrongly expecting most of our athletes to be up for it, I have little doubt my score would have been heavily negative! :cry:

Viewing 7 posts - 51 through 57 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Product Reviews View All
Don't Miss
Videos
AW Offers