Athletics Weekly | - Athletics Weekly

Reply To: London DL

Profile photo of nickyc

If Wallender is included ranked 50th in the world and having thrown 15.50 at the European Team Cup what has Morse done wrong to upset the meet organisers UKA? He was dropped from funding and this is the last chance he can get to get a qualifying mark and compete against some stiff opposition (I noticed him throwing at a national league 2nd tier match – why on earth is he doing that – why is he not throwing in meets abroad?). It seems that they have something against this young thrower (26)? Something seems amiss and it seems to be a shocking way to treat young athletes. I notice he beat people ranked above him this year easily at LEAP and futher investigation shows that the two dutch men are 67m throwers and major games finalists so it was a good performance. Diamond league has not been that good either o he has a chance of mixing it with the big boys – he threw nearly 65m last time and his twitter says he is in the best shape of his life but not had many good conditions to throw in. Bizarre.

In defence of Wallader, in a sea of British shot putting mediocrity, she has I think managed two PB’s this year 17.17 and 17.42 which is actually getting close to the cusp of being in contention for qualification distances for the major championships. Nothing against Morse but let’s not do down one of the few British throwers outside of the men’s hammer to show signs of improvement!

Product Reviews View All
Don't Miss
AW Offers